Throttle body o rings Xantia 8v

kellyo

Fellow Frogger
Can u get away with reusing the o ring between the throttle body & the inlet manifold?. I burred over the bottom inaccessible screw on the stepper motor which i was removing for a clean after some engine cut out experiences. I had to take the body off to get at the by now non torx head screw to persuade it off.
All done & yes the stepper was gunky, but Haynes says a new throttle body o ring is needed which is $90. the current one looks ok.
What have others done who have removed their throttle bodies.? The current o ring looks snug & intact sitting in its recess on the edge of the inlet manifold orifice.

I'd just bolt it back on.

It must be one hell of special 'O'ring to be worth $90bux (hope you told 'em to bend over so you could demonstrate graphically your contempt for the pricing) :eek:

No doubt if you went to the local bearing supply shop they'd order you in a metric 'O'ring for about 80cents (no exageration, I've ordered in metric sized 'O'rings quite a few times). Suggest you buy 1/2dozen of them so anyone else can just grab one from you rather than wait days for them to be ordered in.

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: That reminds me, if anyone wants some 'O'ring seals for a DS/ID19 front brake piston calipers, let me know :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (yep, they were about 70cents each).

Thanks for that , Shane .I put it all back together this morning & it went allright on the short test drive I had time for before going to work by public transport. If I need to I think i could get an aftermarket o ring from a mob at Rydalmere which is not far from where I live

I'd just bolt it back on.

It must be one hell of special 'O'ring to be worth $90bux (hope you told 'em to bend over so you could demonstrate graphically your contempt for the pricing) :eek:

No doubt if you went to the local bearing supply shop they'd order you in a metric 'O'ring for about 80cents (no exageration, I've ordered in metric sized 'O'rings quite a few times). Suggest you buy 1/2dozen of them so anyone else can just grab one from you rather than wait days for them to be ordered in.

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: That reminds me, if anyone wants some 'O'ring seals for a DS/ID19 front brake piston calipers, let me know :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (yep, they were about 70cents each).[/QUOTE]