the Virage

Sigh, all this talk of 12's is bringing back memories of my sedan and wagon. The wagon was a track yellow (orange to most) and was in excellent condition (till I sold it to my sister
frown.gif
), it would be perfect to do a hotted up motor in now. I even scored a set of 13x5 MOMO mags for it from the mechanic who used to work on it (they scrubed his guards with all his crap in the back). Took a bit to clean em up, but they looked great
smile.gif
I bought the car back from my sis after she blew a hose and kept driving, fixed her up, and sold it to the mechanic previously mentioned. I saw this car the other day, lookin sad, and with the steelies back on. It brought a lump to my throat knowing I spent lots of dollars on it making it look schmick only to see it looking dog ear'd now.

Thanks for the info guys, I shall file it alongside all my other dream projects
wink.gif
although this one could come to fruition.....one day.

Chipper

Hi Guys,

how many of you have seen Dave's R12. If you haven't I'd suggest checking it out. I sneaked a peak when he was restoring it, the motor was in bits and with those huge carbys and everything looked awesome. I've seen it since it's restored, just opening the doors makes you think it's no normal R12, you should feel the weight of them (anti intrusion bars??). The forklift battery in the boot and hard suspension, it doesn't 'feel' like an R12. But it sure looks like one... I bet he surprises a lot of people at traffic lights in that! Still, I think I'd rather an 8gordini as a 'toy' car (I love oversteer!!)

seeya,

Shane Leviston

Hey Dave, why dont you post a copy(on here) of the original newspaper artical you've got on the wall at your shop (got a scanner?).I found it great reading when there the other day , maybe others might enjoy the history.
I did have a bit of a look at the rocket and it looked pretty "schmick",but also thoughtI was seeing double, it had a twin!. Reminded of another Melbournite (young and silly) who got one to that stage then rolled and destroyed it a few years ago.
By the way I had a lovely little Green 17TL,best car I've ever OWNED, until I sold it(STUPID!!!) for a 4door 20ts about 12 years ago.
Sold it to guy in east of Melb, last Reg was RB1700, anybody know of it?
By the way Dave , got room for a 20 at your yard??? needs a good home!

Ric B.

Hi Ric,
Yeah RB1700 rings a bell, I'll keep an I out. Yes, there is a double, the other 12G is the twin of mine and its chassis number is one car after mine, its not the one that rolled though, I did the insurance claim for that, happened about 15 years ago and it was funny trying to convince RACV there was $17000 damage on a 1971 R12.
Scanning the newspaper article is a good idea, I never thought of that, I've just been looking at the cars posted here and I think it needs a 12G, I've got lots of newspaper articles about it so I choose some and post it up
Seeya,
David.

Customers car Shane, I used to own it but my wife told me to choose between two 12G's or a house, I argued that it is actually possible to live in a car but theres abosutly no way you could drive round in a house, but I lost.
The new owner of the 12G looked at how mine came up and said "ok, yours was the practise run now do mine properly", so we are.

David.