The Towbars thread...

what would the load rating be and how did you go with the electrical connection to the car .pugs

Hi, Very interested in this for my Laguna II - I can see from the manufacturers website - they have one listed and even on german ebay

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Anhangerkupplung-starr-fur-RENAULT-Laguna-Limousine-E-Satz-AHK-ES/303373433403?fits=Model:Laguna+II|Make:Renault&hash=item46a2773a3b:g:USsAAOSwswdebJvZ

Is this the crew you used? How did you organise shipping? Out of Germany is difficult at the moment

Cheers,

George

That’s the same seller :) I used mygermany.com
Yes a bit tricky at present, am having to wait for stuff myself. MyGermany use fedex which I believe is still operation to Oz.
Sign up, you get a German shipping address you use for the eBay purchase. They then hand it on again to FedEx for the next step. Works well.

what would the load rating be and how did you go with the electrical connection to the car .pugs

Load rating depends. Think the Alfa one was 70kg or something, but it’s well inside what I need for the Alfa! I did the electrics myself seperatly. For any canbus modern car You need to use a relay box.

Last edited:
Son-in-law looking for a towbar for a 307 station wagon. In Melbourne (although will travel).

Son-in-law looking for a towbar for a 307 station wagon. In Melbourne (although will travel).
There was a bloke selling a 307 wagon, including the tow bar, in Wagga Wagga.
I posted an ad for the car some time ago. I don’t know what happened to the car, but if you’re interested in chasing it up, do a search for (motor) bike tyres. He’s the independent seller on Hammond Avenue (sometimes known as the Sturt Highway).

Ok I'll try posting in the Tow Bar section...WTB 308 wagon 2008. Anything upto 2014 will fit. There is a crowd in Melb on fleabay that has the s/h Euro style one but when I asked about the harness being removed complete and hoping the ecu connection to switch off the reverse sensors was with it they were not sure harness was removed and wouldn't check so haven't perused this any further.

Hi, I'm in Brisbane and looking for a flat tongue with the two bolt holes 11.5cm apart (measured hole centre to hole centre). Its for my '80 cx. Happy to travel a 100kms or two for it too

Ok I'll try posting in the Tow Bar section...WTB 308 wagon 2008. Anything upto 2014 will fit. There is a crowd in Melb on fleabay that has the s/h Euro style one but when I asked about the harness being removed complete and hoping the ecu connection to switch off the reverse sensors was with it they were not sure harness was removed and wouldn't check so haven't perused this any further.
I'll reply to myself for WIW...found a crowd in VIC on fleabay $545 posted installed in about 1hr with distractions. Wiring loom not connected yet as I'm sure there's a easier way than running a new power cable to the BSI as this wagon is fitted with the Towing Relay and there is a spare connector in the rear on the LHS.
Anyway its only for carrying the mountain bikes so trailer lights are not high priority.

Money well spent on a new towbar with removable Reece 50x50 tongue. 😛

Peugeot 2008 wagon Towbar.

Hi, I have a box trailer and no vehicles with a towbar. My only option is to get one fitted to Mrs Whippets 2008 wagon (1.2Lt triple, 6 Sp Auto). I only need to tow a box trailer several times a year (rubbish/green waste to the tip), so not much load.

Does anyone have any comments on the wiring harness, and will a lower price point universal ECU wiring harness kit will suffice, or are there particular advantages of a specific "genuine" harness kit? Does anybody know if on the 2008 is there a vacant wiring harness access plug that a kit could access or would I need to splice into the vehicle wiring harness to access the signals for the relay kit.

On some supplier sites I can select either: 7 pin round (small), 7 pin round (large) or 7 pin flat. My trailer currently has the 7 pin (large), so that is what I would select, but my question: Are there any inherent practical or design advantages between the above three options? If so I would be OK to replace the plug on the trailer.

These appear to the options for supply only, I will fit the towbar myself. Are there any comments on these brands/suppliers?

https://www.tagtowbars.com.au/produ...geot-2008-10-2013-on-1?variant=31565343916143 $405 "Brink" towbar only - but currently sold out.

https://www.towbarsaustralia.com.au/towbar-kits/2008-wagon-0 $528 towbar & wiring harness kit,

https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/tag-euro-towbar-to-suit-peugeot-2008-2013-2019 $589 towbar & wiring harness kit,

https://etowbars.com/au/Towbars/Peugeot/Peugeot-2008-Towbars/Peugeot-2008-Towbar-1 $697 towbar only

Note, none of the above prices include domestic freight.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi. I have ordered the tow bar and wiring harness kit from TBA as per above post. It will arrive the day I return to work. So it will be a weekend job to fit to the 2008. I will let the forum know how this progresses.

Hi. I have ordered the tow bar and wiring harness kit from TBA as per above post. It will arrive the day I return to work. So it will be a weekend job to fit to the 2008. I will let the forum know how this progresses.

I standardised everything here to 7pin round large years ago..... Over the last couple of years I've been changing them to 7pin flat if I need to touch the trailer wiring on any of the trailers/cars. You see if you just put a 12pin flat on the tug ..... then you can plug any 7 or 12 pin flat plug into it. The 12/7 pin flat standard is way better than all the previous standards.

the shitbox range rover I've put a 12pin flat and 7 pin round large plug on. So I can tow probably 95% of stuff without any changes.

With my only tow vehicle (03 Ford Futura) being on & off the road for various reasons, have decided it's time my 00 Pug 306 sedan gets one too.

So far, easier said than done. Apparently Hayman Reese did one to suit, but no longer avail, unless I order it & am prepared to wait 90 days for fabrication thereof. We're talking about a 20yo Eurocar, so hardly surprising none currently in stock.

So then.......does any one have one for sale, or can any one suggest another source?

Two towbars for sale in Brisbane:

Peugeot 405 - off a wagon but might fit a sedan too.
MK2 Citroen C5 - including the wiring and relay box that would be fitted at a dealership, which I can install to your car's ECU with Diagbox if you'd like.