The Towbars thread...

I don't suppose there's much use in asking for advice on locating a tow bar for my 2009 Hyundai i30 SLX Turbo Diesel, but if anyone does have at least generic experience in acquiring a tow bar at a competitive price (happy to DIY fit and wire) then please advise. I'll be needing it once I get the car out of storage in Adelaide around December.

Thank you. :drivin:

I'm going to look at a Citroen, Hdi 2.L C5 (2001?) sedan/hatch wrecking in mullumbimby today. Has a towbar complete. I have one already.
Best to PM me if keen

FS - towbar, fitted to 306 3 door at the moment. People laugh when I tow my 5x7 trailer around with the Pug. The Pug's going racing so the bar is no longer required. email or pm me and make a reasonable offer including postage and it's yours. Located Traralgon.

Update 20/11/2016 - gone to the scrap yard, no longer available.

Last edited:
Hi Folks

I added some info to another thread but realize most won't see it
so I am adding to this thread in the hope someone can help me.
I have a problem with my Tow bar tongue on my Peugeot 308 HDI touring wagon.
it is the wrong version for this vehicle.
the tow bar and tongue are made by Best Bars of New Zealand.
It is too long and interferes with the reversing sensors in the rear bumper bar.
the correct one is version 916310, the longer one is version 916308
If anyone has the correct shorter version,
I would be willing to buy or swap with the longer one.
Here are pictures of tow bar tongue problems
short bar tongue is correct for my vehicle.
long bar tongue is incorrect for my vehicle.

towbar1.jpgtowbar2.jpgtowbar3.jpgtowbar4.jpgtowbar5.jpg

I am really hoping some Peugeot owner out there would like to swap a short bar tongue for a long one.
If the vehicle has no reversing sensors in the rear bumper bar, the longer tongue would be an asset.

I'm looking for the tongue to suit a Best Bars NZ tow bar for a 2007 307 Touring.

I can buy one new from a dealer, but $95 seems a little on the expensive side.

Cheers, Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

ds/id. probably id, but probably? (correct me if i'm wrong) interchangable, like a lot of parts i've found out recently... i have two. i might even be able to find a 50mm ball laying around too for the lucky person who gets in first.

$50/ea.

.20161228_203613.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi all

Does anyone have a complete towbar assembly suitable for a 1998 Xantia v6 sedan

Renault 12 Towbar

I can't imagine an R12 towing much but I have a towbar for one in excellent condition. Comes with tongue, harness, mounting bolts and plates and has a good coat of paint. No reasonable offer knocked back.

Norm

FS - towbar, fitted to 306 3 door at the moment. People laugh when I tow my 5x7 trailer around with the Pug. The Pug's going racing so the bar is no longer required. email or pm me and make a reasonable offer including postage and it's yours. Located Traralgon.

Update 20/11/2016 - gone to the scrap yard, no longer available.

Damn, I would have come to pick it up, I'm in SE Melb - been waiting for 2++ years for one, put myself on waiting list at a couple of wreckers, no luck so far.... Any chance you could tell me the name of the scrap yard where it's gone, please ? Thanks.

G'day,

looking for a towbar for my 306 XSI N5 ( 1998 )

I'm in Melbourne, but ready to pay freight if someone willing to ship.

Many thanks, Jon - jonpeug at gmail dot com

Years later, still haven't found one...
If anyone has one please PM me, thanks.

Any takers?

Renault 12 Towbar

I can't imagine an R12 towing much but I have a towbar for one in excellent condition. Comes with tongue, harness, mounting bolts and plates and has a good coat of paint. No reasonable offer knocked back.

Norm

WTB: (Melb) Series II Clio tow bar

Hi all - anyone got a series II Clio (2001 - 2005) tow bar?
Will post in parts as well: not sure how many froggers frequent this eddy of the pond. :wink2:

I have a Peugeot 406 Towbar with all bolts and a 7 pin plug available for $200. Came off a sedan.
I also have a 405 SRDT Towbar for sale for $100. Both have the bar and ball attached. Can ship. Located in the Gympie area, Qld
Contact Ben 0478418254