The Towbars thread...

Looking for a 406 D9 Sedan tow bar, Sydney preferred. I'll be at the AFCD this Sunday!

My research indicates that the only towbar that can be fitted to a C5 (2012 twin exhaust) is the genuine one at a cost of about $1,600+
Also, you can't get the one with swing away gooseneck in Aust?
Is anyone aware of anything to the contrary?

G'day,

looking for a towbar for my 306 XSI N5 ( 1998 )

I'm in Melbourne, but ready to pay freight if someone willing to ship.

Many thanks, Jon - jonpeug at gmail dot com

Advice sought:

I have added a (genuine) towbar to my '03 Citroen C5 Sedan and am looking at wiring it up.

The towbar has almost 1m of cable already coming from the plug point. Do I need to find/purchase a loom also?

I found this online:
OE Citroen C5 Berline Saloon MK1 2001 2004 TOW BAR Wiring Loom KIT 942874 | eBay

I don't know what 'Berline' refers to, and when I inquired, they said it wasn't compatible with my car though they didn't sound too sure.

Thanks

306 Towbar

I have a towbar I bought second hand, re-painted but never fitted. Have bolts for fitting. Asking $100. Located in Lake Macquarie.
Mike

I have a towbar I bought second hand, re-painted but never fitted. Have bolts for fitting. Asking $100. Located in Lake Macquarie.
Mike
Thanks Mike. In Nov 15, decided to bite the bullet and buy the genuine bar and have it fitted by dealer. As expensive as it was, seemed the only guaranteed solution? Wasn't what I expected (expected gooseneck) and required cut out of part of bumper but its fitted now and seems to work.

Got a fuego tow bar if anyone is keen? 30 bucks plus post or pick up.

Haha, I couldn't find one for love or money the other year, until I scored one from Jo Proffi.