The Towbars thread...

405 Towbar

I no longer need a 405 Towbar. It's a Hayman Reece and comes with bolts,tongue and ball. Needs a lick of paint. $75

Norm

I'm looking at fitting a tow bar to my late (2008) Laguna wagon.

Anything out there?

Ian.

I'm looking at fitting a tow bar to my late (2008) Laguna wagon.

Anything out there?

Replying to my own post ... I found this Laguna Wagon (KTO/1) | Towbars Australia

Circa $600 delivered, with all electrics and fitting instructions. Seemed reasonable to me. (And it is the Euro style tow bar - which I reckon looks so much more elegant, and so suits the Laguna!).

Anyone have experience fitting these? The web site says something like: "a handyman (sic) with basic socket set and a range of spanners can fit this". Are they right? Should I get an auto-sparky to do the wiring to fit the ECU relay? Or is that straightforward?

Ian.

My 2003 goon cost me $350 from the Renault parts department in Richmond.

Have you tried them?

Mine isnt euro style, but was easy to fit. had to buy a tow ball tho.

My 2003 goon cost me $350 from the Renault parts department in Richmond.

Have you tried them?

Mine isnt euro style, but was easy to fit. had to buy a tow ball tho.

Thanks David.

No, had not tried them. Assumed - wrongly - it seems that original equipment would cost vast amounts of money. Just goes to show. And I do have spare tow ball somewhere...

Shall call and price tomorrow.

And when you say "easy to fit ..." does it bolt up to existing infrastructure at the back of the car? Any drilling, creation of new mounting points required?

Ian.

Last edited:
You'll get all the bolts and bits to bolt it to the subframe.

Mine did require a little persuasion as it seemed mm off on one hole, in the end I just got a dremel out and made one hole that little bit bigger on the towbar's bracket to get the bolt in.

Any luck with 307 Touring towbar?

I'm also looking at this for my MY2006 HDi. Trivett dealer in Alexandria wants $2k to fit one! Should have got one fitted when I took out my Novated Lease since you can't add later. Now off lease, 210k since 'bought' new, and now ready to tow stuff. The wiring seems to be the tricky part. Although I've seen schematics online for DIY relay harnesses to change the power drain from the computer to stop faults.

I still have one. In Anglesea vic. Not worth posting. $100

From the Peugeot infected mind of Paul Roberts...

Hey guys.

Iam chasing a Heavy duty towbar for a 504 sedan........ It needs to be capable of towing cars on a car trailer etc 2000kg+.

Would anyone in the Canberra/Sydney region have something for sale?

Iam guessing I might have to get one made up.....

Shackle.jpg

This is interesting about towing safety.

Hey guys.

Iam chasing a Heavy duty towbar for a 504 sedan........ It needs to be capable of towing cars on a car trailer etc 2000kg+.

Would anyone in the Canberra/Sydney region have something for sale?

Iam guessing I might have to get one made up.....

No-one will make one rated at higher than 1.3tons ....

Peugeot 504 technical data

If you approach any manufacturer they'll never rate there towbar above the vehicles manufacturers maximum allowable towed weight. Best bet is an old towbar manufactured prior to the law that require the towbars capacity to be attached to it.

So you can almost tow an empty rental car trailer :( Fun right?

seeya,
Shane L.