The pheonix rises (post the thief mmmm)

And a lost piece, found a replacement happy days. Have to love ebay sometimes.

Attachments

• fuse panel bracket 250K.jpg
    fuse panel bracket 250K.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 220
It is I saw this and recognised it, maggot must be selling things! More seriously a nice place in Portugal had them online. It is one of the last things needed apart from toning down the LED tail lights, the brake is brilliant (literally) and the tail light not too much less than it so need to dim it with some PWM. (and add a hi spec Mi16 to it)

Wow. Haven't heard the name Magic mentioned for years! Love a good thread revival!

Cheers

Justin

I am of the thinking covid might be good for one thing to rock apes like him.

Plans change, got a Mi16 and did it up a lot and this is more suited weight wise. The Gti6 is a large block of iron,. Any way started on the lower control only to find these have been swapped, so started by taking out the rubber bushes and fitting poly after painting the arms. Also some rear tweaks to follow. Mi16 with either VTS or Mi16 box and speeduino to control it.

Attachments

• lowerarm.jpg
    lowerarm.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 53
I'm still waiting for my drive in this car! Looking forward to comparing the Mi16 with the iron block J4RS...

Calculations put it at 200hp so yes it will be interesting, suspension similar to yours which impressed me no end. The big issues I see now are building the ECU mating to the engine and tuning it, the mechanicals are the easy bit. Bluey set the bar with yours I am inspired by his work!

In the meantime I ruptrured my achilless and various other injuries so progress stopped for a while. And life got in the way too.

DBA rotors and red stuff pads today. Lower control arms yesterday.

Fitted

Attachments

• LCA fitted.jpg
    LCA fitted.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 61
They are older more simpler 306 not the gti 6 type although I could use them I have a set from a xsara vts.

And as every car must have Bluetooth, going period correct, gave it a RF splitter / preamplifier coming from one antenna that now gives very nice DAB and FM, I will see how good the range / sensitivity is one day when its on the road. Cabin fan got new brushes and a clean up, better than new, so is the replacement lower dash.

Attachments

• PXL_20240130_233347956.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240130_233347956.MP.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 54
And for your entertainment here it is, Shortened GTi6 inlet (sensors, idle air and breathes), Miles (UK) ceramic coated extractors to fit and ECU is underway.

Attachments

• IMG_20200607_154404.jpg
    IMG_20200607_154404.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 69
Only 20 mm radially removed, it site quite close to radiator. Not fitted as yet!

Here is thanks to the magdick wanker, he could not fit piston rings, these came from a gtis6 that dropped an oil ring and scored the bore, I got the pistons fitted onto the J4R rods and they now grace my convertiible, Not the 205 I know but they work well with the std ecu, thanks PeterT, had spare set of rings and clocked them in. This block has 200K+ on it, I was impressed.

Attachments

• J4R pistons.jpg
    J4R pistons.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: