The New Scenic

DanielRT

Tadpole
G'day,

The other day at the Renault Dealers I found out that Renault will be bringing out a new Scenic within the next 12 months. Because Renault shares its gearbox with BMW, BMW has given the rights to Renault to use the car body shape of the X5. Supposively Renault will be bringing out a new Scenic with the X5 shape and IMHO I can't wait. This car will be a real "4WD" and I think its going to kick some butt.

Daniel

Renault sharing gearboxes with BMW?
A Scenic looking like the X5 when the Scenic was just launched last year? The X5 is getting on now too, plus is a bit bigger than a Scenic.

Sounds a bit like dealer hyperbole :)

Actually.. its based on the previously seen Koleos 4x4 concept car from 2000. Codenumber H45, due in 2006 and will take the place of the Scenic Rx4, on the platform of the Megane and use parts from Nissan 4wds I think. Maybe it will be produced under the name of Koleos.. not sure yet.

I have attached a scan from a recent edition of l'Autojournal and of the Koleos concept.

Attachments

• 1335_BD_Ren1999cckoleos003.jpg
    1335_BD_Ren1999cckoleos003.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 4X4.jpg
    4X4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Craig I think you are right that car is the koleos of some form. A new scenic?
Well one was recently released not long ago. As for sharing items with BMW?
Well I certainly hope not and dont think so.:rolleyes:
That just sounds wrong. Well I was in France this year and saw the new scenic and its a great car. Maybe that car will be here by the end of the year.....:D

danielsydney said:
Craig I think you are right that car is the koleos of some form. A new scenic?
Well one was recently released not long ago. As for sharing items with BMW?
Well I certainly hope not and dont think so.:rolleyes:
That just sounds wrong. Well I was in France this year and saw the new scenic and its a great car. Maybe that car will be here by the end of the year.....:D

Err.. well.. as its sharing the Megane platform.. it might be a Scenic Rx4, but the article alludes to the fact it might carry over the Koleos name. There hasnt been a Renault 4wd in the Scenic range since the Phase II Scenic Rx4. As for BMW parts.. they will share with Nissan first. Nissan have good 4wd systems, though they may have struck a deal with BMW.

The Scenic II and Grand Scenic II are supposed to be in Oz later this year.

very nice sorry bout previous...

Attachments

• 179-214-2.jpg
    179-214-2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 179-214-1.jpg
    179-214-1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 196
danielsydney said:
very nice sorry bout previous...

Yes, that's the new Scenic already out in Europe. I hope to see a Grand Scenic at this years Sydney Motor Show - fingers crossed. The 4X4 version is not likely to be badged Scenic - I hope not anyway.

I don't want my Scenic to be associated with those dinosaur like gargantuan monstrosities. If someone evers asks whether my Scenic is a 4X4 I'm selling it. My opinion is that 2 tonne X5's and the like have no place on our surburban roads. All these pretend Rambo's should get a life. Why has the government allowed concessional tax rates on these things to continue?

Hey N5GTi6, is that a 4x4 that you're driving? :dance:

Renomad said:
Hey N5GTi6, is that a 4x4 that you're driving? :dance:

Thats it - I'm selling it - and buying a new Grand Scenic!!! There's talk of a 2litre turbo version - interesting!!! :D

XTC206 said:
Any idea of prices ... ?

- XTC206 -

No idea. The current top spec is only a 136hp 6 speed version. Since it weighs over 1500kg's it's a bit of a slug. I'd say any chance of a turbo version will be at least 12 months away. I'd also doubt that a turbo version would make it to OZ as well - we just don't have the market for turbo charged 7 seat people movers! :cry: I'm prepared to put my hand up for one though - what a great sleeper! :D