The New Queensland Raceway Trackday 12/4/04 Thread.

Cal

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
So where were we before Mr very soon to be banned showed up?

Cal.

My car is blue and sounds like an F1 car, it's as quick as one too.

Such a shame, that was a great thread. Just love watching people dig that hole a bit deeper. It was such a nice hole, too!

How about I invite you guys to Sydney, then retract the offer, then offer a different road, and then retract that offer?

So is QR quite a tight circuit? Similar to Wakefield? Top Speed?

QR is quite a fast circuit. Suits horsepower really. The configuration we run is a bit tighter though, with two fairly tight sections you must exit quickly. It is nowhere near as as cool as Wakefield. I would love to come down to Sydney for a week and do Wakefield, Eastern Creek and Oran Park. Are there any free practice days during the week? Wonder if the Pug would tow the MX5??

Cal.

Yep, Wakefield has open days during the week. Eastern Creek is just starting. Not sure about Oran Park. Check each of their websites for details.

Slightly related but not by much... who's going out on the 24th for the next round of the Sprint Days? I think I'm giving it a miss but depends on who else is going. :D

Rich

I'll be spending this weekend removing the sand trap from the MX5 brakes and fixing the Pug.

Cal.

possibly going to head out to have a look see, but won't be hitting the track.

anyone got any idea what times the lambo what doing?

I heard 1.03's. Driver\Owner was Brad Sugars. As in THE Brad Sugars.

Cal.

A friend was running them around in the V8 Experience Falcon. He said Mr. Sugars did a 1.02 in the Falcon. I would think anything over aminute would be a Sunday drive in the Lambo, but I guess at over $600 000 you would look pretty silly sticking it into a wall, or tearing off a spoiler in the sand pit.

Ah, yes, Sugars, I saw if documentary-come-commercial on channel 2 the other wekk. Looks like a pretty driven bloke, no pun intended. I never had a chance to go speak to him though. I will have a video of him taking off from the start line very shortly.

Sugar and Spice

Hey boys.
Thought you might need a hole dug. Apparantly i am really good at it.

Whats old Sugarbabe do for a crust? God i'd love a Lambo. Such a bitch of a driving position though. To the zoomers, there was a bloke a couple years my junior at ACGS, name Conias. His dad owns the real estate business. Anyway, that bloke had a Diablo and i think he traded the 'old piece of shit' for a Murci. When he used to pick Nick up from school it looked like he was in friggin pain. Not exactly a confidence inspiring car i can't imagine. But thats the Italian's for you. (not any more though i spose).

Anyway, if anyone has a lazy $35k lying around, there is a car for sale that pulls 2.6 lateral g thru T1 and T2 and QR. Laps the same times as the Supercars too on the National Circuit. Got a Suzuki engine bored and stroked to 1400. he spent a shitload developing this thing.

anyone you know interested?

Watch channel 2 at the moment, 8-9pm. I hadn't heard of him until a few weeks ago. He is apparently a business consultant and as the week away courses which cost about $3k and he gets 100's of people. Seemed like a switched on bloke. One thing he did say is he only buys toys with cash. 600 bills is a bit of cash.

Ok, I might be out on the track on Saturday. My boss might be picking his R33 GTR Skyrice tomorrow and the new owner of my boss' Mini Cooper S might come out for a run as well... he wants a piece of the 180. :blush: Even if that doesn't eventuate, I'll still probably come out and have a look.

Hey Cal, does it still rattle in reverse? :(

Rich

Last edited:
Mr Rich

That guy sounds like a total ******.

Anyone who says they only buy toys that cost half a mill in cash are one of two things:

1) Full of shit and just saying it to sound more loaded than they really are

2) Stupid. Because anyone with a bit of business acumen would be able to invest $600,000 somewhere that pays more interest than a loan's repayments .

I went to one of Sugars talks a couple of years ago. He makes most of his money out of telling other people how to do it. Obviously doesn't work, or I would be drving the Gallardo by now. :roflmao: He is pretty funny though. In an arrogant sort of way.

The stones are all through the brakes Richard. I am pulling all the calipers apart on Saturday. Haven't had a chance to look at yet.

Cheers,

Cal.

Bummer, Cal. :(

Doesn't look like I'll be hitting the track on Saturday, boss' GTR needs a new clutch and bushes, mechanic says it wouldn't be safe to go out on the track as is. Might still head out and say g'day. Promised Lauren I'd take her shopping Saturday afternoon though. :rolleyes: Quick, organise that day at GPO to get me out of it! :D

Rich