The Joys of Modern Car Connectivity

sheusz2000

Fellow Frogger
Been really enjoying my 3008, but some things about it defy explanation.:confused:

Here's one for the brains trust.

I have one contact in my phone whom I call regularly. When I try to call the contact using voice command via Bluetooth, the system recognises the name I am trying to call, confirms the person i want to call, but then calls someone totally different!

Below is a link to a video that shows the effect.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmfkLhq1EGWijWO0Cnok1dHUkb8E?e=fDKopW

Now, to be clear. the two contacts do not have the same phone number, they are not in the same contact group, and their contact details share no commonality.

I have no idea how this us even possible, considering that the system correctly identifies the person I want to call.
confused.gif

It's called "AI". Artificial Intelligence. It's not the same as real intelligence...............:)

I'd start by deleting both contacts and re entering them.

I'd suggest a data corruption within the name & telephone number database is a possible explanation.

I’d avoid Bluetooth and use either CarPlay or Android Auto. Siri and/or Google Assistant don’t seem to have any issue.

I'd start by deleting both contacts and re entering them.

I'd suggest a data corruption within the name & telephone number database is a possible explanation.

Tried that. Deleted the contact I didn't want, now it gives me someone else:confused:

I’d avoid Bluetooth and use either CarPlay or Android Auto. Siri and/or Google Assistant don’t seem to have any issue.

I don't really like Android Auto (you need a cable connection). Google Assistant will only work once then refuse to work again until you turn the car off then on again. There are a litany of frustrations. My colleague with an Audi reports similar issues, so glad to hear it's not just Peugeot with dodgy software.

Seems I may have resolved the issue. The contact in questions actually had two entries in my phone and they were linked by Google contacts. Deleted the "linked"contact and now no problem at all.

I suspect that the linking occurred when I synced my phone to one of the various google accounts I control.

So the problem is either with Samsung, Google Contacts, Android, the Peugeot infotainment system or some or all of the aforementioned.:confused:

So the problem is either with Samsung, Google Contacts, Android, the Peugeot infotainment system or some or all of the aforementioned.

Or more logically, the contact was entered twice into database - plain old fashioned user error

Garbage in = garbage out. :wink2:

Actually very easy, delete, unfriend, ditch, ignore, avoid and then

forget
neglect
overlook
reject
scorn
blink
cold-shoulder
disdain
evade
omit