The future of aussiefrogs > The Proposal For Keeping aussiefrogs (post#288) > Subscriptions/ Donations Active (post#392) - All threads Merged

gibgib

Local Tyrant
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
aussiefrogs will be closing to new forum posts from January 26th, 2022.

This will make it a clean 22 years of service to the Australian French car community.

The site will remain static after this date and accessible, but not taking any new content. All email addresses, IPs, private messages (conversations), passwords, will be deleted. Only the main forums will be retained after the transition.

There will be a link prominently placed forwarding visitors to another forum elsewhere (not affiliated) that is either currently existing or is to exist, that current members here could be found again.

Gerry – aussiefrogs.com

This forum has taught me so much and allowed me to follow my passion for Citroens in Australia. If it was not for the likes of Gibgib, @GreenBlood @DoubleChevron @gerrypro @gerry freed @David S and others, I would not have been brave enought to purchase so many wonderful Citroens. Thank you so much to those who have maintained this forum. It has been an absolute pleasure.

Very sad news. I also would not have had the nerve to buy either of my Citroens without the backup of the knowledge on this site. :(

Can I ask what the 'other forum elsewhere' is?
This has to be one of the best, if not the best all-brand French car forum world-wide, but I bet moderating a site like this is a thankless task.
So I want to say thank you to you, the moderators. I'm sorry to say I don't 'know' you, maybe because I haven't got myself into trouble here.
I still have time. I jest.
I like all sorts of different car brands and have participated in many forums, but none is civilised as AF. Maybe it shows how good the mods are, and no we don't always get along in the playground here but I have never seen the useless trolling that occurs often elsewhere.
I only hope that there will be somewhere else online for us to help each other out with our Aussie Frogs. Please don't tell me it is Facebook.

Sad news.
Thank you GibGib for providing this venue for us.
I no longer own a Frog car, I drive a VW but choose to hang out here and not at a VW forum because (a) I still love Froggy cars, and (2) I have found this to be a great community of people to be a part of.
All good things come to an end.

As the Russians say when making a toast - (Lift your glasses of vodka - or Champagne ) - gibgib - Hurrah!

Same here, Aussiefrogs has been a haven for Francophiles away from the maddening crowd on FB and although this chapter is about to close it's created a bit of a legacy for the maintenance of French cars new and old. Sad but one must roll with the punches.

I'm moving to Bangalla to live with alexander and Ando.

As a recent member on this site it has provided me with a fantastic way of linking to other members and really learning how to overcome technical issues.
I greatly appreciate that this site is provided by volunteers and it is a GIFT to us so thank you.
The message indicates that another site either exist or will exist. Are you able to clarify at this stage?

Can we fix this with money? I'll pass many hats around.

But echo'ing the words above, this place has been an incredible instrument, social outlet, source of "things" Much happiness due to this place Gerry, :)

Thanks a million for 22yrs worth of stuff here! :)

aussiefrogs will be closing to new forum posts from January 26th, 2022.

This will make it a clean 22 years of service to the Australian French car community.

The site will remain static after this date and accessible, but not taking any new content. All email addresses, IPs, private messages (conversations), passwords, will be deleted. Only the main forums will be retained after the transition.

There will be a link prominently placed forwarding visitors to another forum elsewhere (not affiliated) that is either currently existing or is to exist, that current members here could be found again.

Gerry – aussiefrogs.com
thanks Gerry for this forum , you have enabled us to connect with like souls , best wishes for the future

Sad news but I am sure there is a good reason. I've been posting on here since 2004... Well, back then I was mmm...CORNERS. Can't thank the creators and moderators enough for the years of entertainment and learning. I'm no wiser in life, but certainly have a lot more French car knowledge, amongst many other things I have been educated on here. Thank you aussiefrogs.

There are times when I spend perhaps a little too much time on AF, and my wife says to me "are you still on Froggy" to which I sometimes say, "oh, no, just looking something up on the net dear", to which she responds back with "well when you're finished on Froggy, can I have a hand" :D
So next year it will be true. I will not be on Froggy 😢
The wonderful lifetime friendships gained and amount of enjoyment I have received from this forum is immeasurable :approve:
It may well be an indication that I perhaps need to get a life, but there really will be a void left behind when the light gets turned off permanently.
I would like to thank Gerry, the moderators and everyone that has contributed, making the forum what it has been for so many years. As mentioned, I don't think there is a better forum out there for us French car nutters. :thanks: