The future of aussiefrogs > The Proposal For Keeping aussiefrogs (post#288) > Subscriptions/ Donations Active (post#392) - All threads Merged

Me too but I think the ship is taking on water, fast.
reminds me ; one french site recently had something which machine-translated as
' Australians, they drink just about anything and everything, except French submarines ...'
after someone had noted the cinzano sign in :
large.AUS-NSW-Sydney-b54.jpg.6425719312fbcfb8f97e71efb34ce010 copy.jpeg

suppose we may be even less welcome than usual, outside the anglosphere ...

I note the registered trademark sign after aussiefrogs. Would that mean if I tried to make a reddit subreddit with the name aussiefrogs I would be in violation of the trademark?

Martin Place at the post office was closed to traffic in 1971 - that photo is a wee bit out of date.

Yes, and the HD was replaced by the HR in '66.
My dad bought a new HD Special Wagon in '65. The tailgate rusted completely through in less than one year!
I doubt any HD taxis were still on the road after.... say '68.
What year model is the Renault?

Yes, and the HD was replaced by the HR in '66.
My dad bought a new HD Special Wagon in '65. The tailgate rusted completely through in less than one year!
I doubt any HD taxis were still on the road after.... say '68.
What year model is the Renault?
Is that a HK Holden (68) tucked in alongside the bus behind the VW notchback?

You don't see it sunny like that any more. The height of the buildings on the north side has increased significantly.

Looks like a Falcon to me and don't forget the mini and Valiant
Yeah saw the Valiant, it's an AP5/6, Mini and Type 3 who knows what year? I was actually looking for what seemed to be the newest car in the photo.
I'm still thinking HK, it has the prominent horizontal center bar in the grill, the shadows on the bumper indicate it is pointed in the middle and swells out as it wraps around the corners.
It also looks like the parking lights are in the stone tray.
I could be wrong as I am only looking at it on my phone so can't blow it up too much.
I've owned a HK or two in my time and that was my first impression.🤷‍♂️

Yeah saw the Valiant, it's an AP5/6, Mini and Type 3 who knows what year? I was actually looking for what seemed to be the newest car in the photo.
I'm still thinking HK, it has the prominent horizontal center bar in the grill, the shadows on the bumper indicate it is pointed in the middle and swells out as it wraps around the corners.
It also looks like the parking lights are in the stone tray.
I could be wrong as I am only looking at it on my phone so can't blow it up too much.
I've owned a HK or two in my time and that was my first impression.🤷‍♂️
I agree....... HK.

Is that a Corolla hiding behind (The other side of) the taxi ?

I'm leaning towards a HK and the taxi is a HR, the headlight surrounds give it away. A special prize for identifying the car behind the Valiant.......

Oh yeah..... the HD had the corners of the bonnet cut away.
Yes it had the pizza cutter peaks on the front guards and the parkers in the stone tray.
The peaks were way pointier in the original US design but I remember reading someone at Holden managed to "trim" them back a bit prior to production.
I saw a photo of the US clay model with the longer points, I quite liked it.🤷‍♂️

oh for crying out softly, here:
- about 3/4 down the page, posted on the 28th last. are a few more like-period Sydney.
quite perverse how busy this, of all threads, got - about an aussie photo from a french site
if digression could be monetised this forum could be at least self-sustaining ... mea culpa

Last edited: