The F1 Rumor mill

orestes

Fellow Frogger
i saw a bit of this on another forum, plus some of it is stuff that i've been hearing. Anyway, i though this might be of intrest

engine, and team changes for 2006

Ferrari no change
Bar no change
Maclaren no change
Williams BMW to split from Williams next season, Williams to use Cosworth Engines.
Midland(new team) Maclaren 'B' team Maclaren Chassis & Mercedes engine
Jordan to stay with Toyota
Redbull to use Ferrari
Minardi to use Cosworth
Sauber to use BMW
Renault no changes though Flavio may be sacked if they dont win the Championship
Toyota no change

it looks like it's one step forward two steps back as far Mark Webber is concerned, and he may just as well have been better off sticking with what is now Redbull, as BMW is almost certainly leaving Williams in the lurch

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong - but the Midland team wont happen next year as I believe the Russian/Canadian guy behind it bought Jordan as this way he avoids the joining fee's etc associated with F1.

I have however heard that they will be using the Dallara chassis next year instead of sticking with an evolution of the EJ series that they are using this year.

I dont think that BMW will split with Williams...

Mind you - Do you think that Honday may be more interested in splitting from BAR after recent events? :roflmao:

Jordan will no longer be with us next year :blackeye: & be renamed Midland. U r right that they be using Dallara chassis next year. The boss of the Midland group also recently brought the windtunnel off Jordan (not part of the deal when the team was bought I guess). I really cant see them going anywhere, F1 is not a soccer team where you just go and buy the best players.

As for Williams, if they losses BMW (my prediction not next year but the one after if their car still suck- have to remember Beemer been sort of waiting like 3yrs for the blue & white car to get it right) :nownow:
In that time even the toyotas have gone from zero to heros (at least they r beating the BARs :joker: who r cheating :crazy: )

If BMW do dump Williams for Sauber they should be buying them out like what Honda did with BAR to make sense.

I wouldn't discount sauber getting a big name behind them again, how many years ago was that the Mercedes team was actually Sauber, and Mclaren was putting up with Honda, and Peugeot ?? not all that many if my memory serves me right, so i wouldn't say sauber couldn't attract a big name again, also how many seasons now have they had a big name engine backer in the form of Ferrari ??

The split between Williams and BMW, from what I’ve heard is almost a certainty.

Last edited:
orestes said:
The split between Williams and BMW, from what I’ve heard is almost a certainty.

It's certainly being seriously considered, there's no doubt about that. But I think BMW are giving them a bit more time to get their act together. They're not happy with Webber, who so far this season, has been a 1 lap wonder - qaulifying very well, but not doing much else.

There's something about Webber isn't it, he always seems to go back a few spot at the starts but still in the top 6, then after the round of pit stop he would disappear into the middle pack?
It's interseting that last week he claims he's been doing all he can, never been beaten by a (crap :joker: ) teammate when he was in the race. And he claims He just sit there in the race not trying hard enough (apparently not as hard as him :joker: ) Well they are on the same points arent they.

He should stop talking, show BMW what he's make of (even with a slightly inferior car) and win a race for them. (while the BAR boys are away :roflmao: )

BMW and Williams split won't happen at least before 2007.

BMW boss Helmut Panke confirmed today that BMW is supplying engines to 2 teams next year. The teams will be Williams and Sauber.

I dont think Flavs will get the boot, how many drivers has he discovered?
& i think he's done HEAPS for the team on such a low budget...

Flavio has also a controlling share in Renault... from a long time back. Plus he is in Bernies right hand pocket. - Chris

ps. I heard that Chri's16 of Aussie frogs fame will be asked, no begged, to take Alonso's seat for 06 as he will be stepping in for Rubens, who is going to back to grass roots in Clubman karting... or something like that.

yeah i'll second that, there's no point big noting yourself unless you're at least 1/2 as good as me.