The electric side mirror

Palo Verde

Fellow Frogger
so one of my side mirror for some strange reason you could hear the whirring but it just could not move to close when the fob is touched, it won't open either, it's just the LHS it looks good not damage or anything, I do know some inconsiderate people in public parking spaces sometimes just forcefully walk pass your side mirror either pushing it way out to the horizon or forcing it to close in when in the extended position. Nothing you can do about that as people here aren't concern until it happens to their car.
But seeing that now I am having to manually open the side mirror (one of) how can you get it fixed? I'm thinking this is a panel beater area, not the service centre. The thing is not damaged or anything and you can hear the whirring noises as it tries to open up or close it back - but seemed like something either came loose or need tightening somewhere. Any opinions? No flames.

A panel beater will replace the complete unit. If it can't be pushed into place a mechanic probably would too. If it can't be fixed., price one from a wrecker.

It's a perfect condition side mirror with no damage at all sad I have to pay couple of hundreds to get from wreckers and then have to pay panel beater to put it in. Annoying isn't it? Not as if I was printing money.

If it was simply knocked and turned, it should come good by operating it a couple of times. The motor is meant to reset the indexing by doing that.

I'll try to rejig it however the last time I did it didn't work just whirring noises I do have a service coming up soon so might ask then, the thing is they occasionally say that's a panel beater issue. Then you have no choice but to fork out

It's a 208? If you need a new one, fixings and electrical plugs and sockets are behind the door inside cover/lining, in the front corner. There are screws, and usually push in clips to separate for the lining. Look at youtube, it is a common job.

when u are an apartment dweller it is hard to do any sort of handiwork even washing your car is chore cars are parked in small spaces quite close to one another it is difficult to do intricate work on side mirrors as you say involves having a bit of space, and you mentioned buy a new one, my side mirror has no damage at all even the blinking light inside is working why am I buying a new one?

You are the one who knows if it can be put back into place or not. I said "if".

I would dismantle it and take a good look at what isn't working, but you are lamenting your inability to work on it yourself, so the decision is already made. Even repalcing it amounts to almost the same work as dismantling it, so get someone to replace it, mechanic, engineer, technician, enthusiast or otherwise.