The DS Appreciation Thread

Hi Ted,

Not much response for you but I remember when reading Geoff and Mark's DS in Australia book that there were some estimates of cars sold each year. These are based on Citco (NSW) records with an Australia-wide estimate in brackets. The estimate for 1967 for DS21 (Pallas mostly) is 10 in NSW and maybe 40 total in Australia. I don't know of anyone who is trying to maintain a census for the DS in Australia as Bruce Hoad does for the GS.

Cheers, Ken

Budge, currently updating the site.. added a few cars. Should be back online within the next couple of weeks. Cheers.

Hi Fandango.
Any update on the progress re: your site please? Oddly, back in October and at the time of your last message, despite it having been down previously, I was able to access it. However I went back to it again yesterday for my regular fix of instant inspiration and found it now it's gone again - or at least is inaccessible to me again.

I'm sure there are many who would enjoy looking at the superb cars and in their elegant settings. I'm restoring a 1968 Ds21 Pallas and find it a great visual aid as well as a source of inspiration.

Regards from the UK
Budge/ Paul

Hi Fandango.
Any update on the progress re: your site please? Oddly, back in October and at the time of your last message, despite it having been down previously, I was able to access it. However I went back to it again yesterday for my regular fix of instant inspiration and found it now it's gone again - or at least is inaccessible to me again.

I'm sure there are many who would enjoy looking at the superb cars and in their elegant settings. I'm restoring a 1968 Ds21 Pallas and find it a great visual aid as well as a source of inspiration.

Regards from the UK
Budge/ Paul

Hi Paul,

The site’s now back online... www.pfandango.com

Clouet Citroen.jpg

A winemaker in Champagne. Struck me as a natural habitat shot....

Damn, he looks contented......Mind you if I owned/ ran a vineyard in that landscape and got to drive that car around for business purposes, I'd be contented too! An 'honest-looking' DS too: bit tatty, bit bashed - but you wouldn't be afraid to park it up somewhere for fear of getting it 'dinked'.

Yep, that is the look of contentment (with a little self confidence thrown in). Jean-Francois Clouet is the man and the car is as you say an honest example of something that is being used for what it was designed. Apparently the car was his grandmothers and handed down to him. Like the Champagne business, I'd add... :)