The "Blue Danube"

Have started to stray...... back to the German roots for a while!

IMG_1787.JPG

Trying to turn this ugly duckling into a somewhat cool looking contraption like this:

IMG_4099.JPG

She is all pulled apart in the usual boxes. Engine is in good nick, so cosmetics only. Then onto the frame mods (welding? Yuk!) and bolting on expensive baubles to create a (hopefully registerable) cruiser....

after that? Who knows.... all good fun :dance:

Hmmm - knobbly tyres do not a cruiser make! I was going to ask if No. 2 was a picture of the world's most overweight speedway bike, but speedway bikes don't have lights or brakes - or even gears for that matter!

Oh well - as long as you don't turn it into a chopper!!

Cheers

Alec

Just so my blog doesnt disppear into oblivion, here a few photos from last weekend.... still like my colour choice!

View attachment 90424

Sven

If you're happy I can move your thread into the 'Completed/ Near Completed Projects' sub-forum, that way it won't get lost. You'll be in good company. . .

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday going over your thread and gave you 10/10 :approve:
For someone new to Citroen and especially the D you have excelled - the car looked superb in the flesh last weekend, very hard to fault. :cool:

Cheers
Chris

Thank you Chris for the compliment! And thanks to all for helping, parts and advice - a year of toiling, but well worth it!

Yes, happy for you to move me into the darker recesses of the blog... if you are still up for it, we should try and rustle up Mark for next weekend (3rd of November) and swing by the Cars & Coffee Meet in Brisbane?

Mark, if you a reading this, can you make it - two DS are better than one!

Sven