The birth of an RCZ

Didn't take long to setup the timing chain, step missed in-between putting chain on and installing the VC.

Great end to end video (y)

so the roof arches are brushed aluminium, so the coating must be very hard wearing to have lasted so long this long in the UV, wasn't there a query post recently, can't find it now

so the roof arches are brushed aluminium, so the coating must be very hard wearing to have lasted so long this long in the UV, wasn't there a query post recently, can't find it now
😉

Those factory videos are interesting, but it must be a mind numbing job on an assembly line…

😉
With the RCZ Mk 2 the arches are black.

Not ours.
Le Cercle RCZ.jpeg

That has Mk1 wheels and Mk1 headlights. I suspect it's a Mk1 that's had a front bumper swap. The black arches was one of the defining features of the Mk2.

Australian-delivered facelift RCZs all came with the black arches.

This would lead one to believe it was a "defining feature" of the facelift but it was technically still an option in other markets.

There were actually 3 arch colours for the facelift RCZ at launch: standard Aluminium, or optional Sand or Matt Black. No, I've never seen a picture of an RCZ with "sand" coloured roof arches either.

A leased 2014 RCZ in Europe would probably not have such "fancy" options, as in Mike's car's case, hence the aluminium arches.

Edit: it's probable the Australian-delivered ones all had the optional "black pack" as standard - which along with black arches grouped a new black grille and black brake callipers.

This was merely an option in other markets.

That has Mk1 wheels and Mk1 headlights. I suspect it's a Mk1 that's had a front bumper swap. The black arches was one of the defining features of the Mk2.
Your suspicion is not well-founded, I'm afraid. It was factory new on TT plates n France delivered in summer 2014. So no, it was not a refitted Mk1 car. VIN: VF34J5FV8EP003536

It's possible that Australian Mk2 cars only had the black trim. I have Mk2 brochures from Europe and only the RCZ-R has black arches in the main part of the model range, as standard.

Your suspicion is not well-founded, I'm afraid. It was factory new on TT plates n France delivered in summer 2014. So no, it was not a refitted Mk1 car. VIN: VF34J5FV8EP003536

It's possible that Australian Mk2 cars only had the black trim. I have Mk2 brochures from Europe and only the RCZ-R has black arches in the main part of the model range, as standard.
Interesting. Once again Australia gets completely different options to the rest of the world!