The best 403 Race Car - has to go

SteveSal

Fellow Frogger
I am faced with needing to downsize in preparation for retirement and as a result will need to reduce my car fleet so we can move.

I have the late Ken Brigdan’s Racing 403, it is in very good condition and running. I am sure it will pass scutineering tomorrow if a fire extinguisher is installed. On balance I should reluctantly let this car go.

Rather than go through the wider media channels I would like to give Aussie Froggers the opportunity first. I don’t have a firm price in mind, but do not propose to give the car away either. Ultimately the price will be related to how many spare hot 403 components go with the car.

The car could be easily used on the road in my view, after the exhaust is redirected out the back. The roll cage is only a half cage so that could stay in for Targa style events. It has a locked diff as well that could be a problem but easily rectified.

Mechanically the engine is up to 1600cc I am sure, it runs 2 45mm Webbers, is lowered and sits on wider steel wheels. It is a beautiful motor that revs like few others.

There have been pictures up here before but if anyone is interested, send me a message with your email and I can send you some.

I live in the Hunter Valley near Maitland and happy to show anyone the car.

Cheers

please ensure the history and what has been done to this 403 stays together when it finds a new home

I an very pleased to say the car is being passed on to a fellow frogger. It is going to an absolute enthusiast with a motor sport background.

That is a truly historic car to have been started by Sydney Speed Shop doing the 1600 sleeve up and Ken then doing further development