The 505 GTI Series 2 - Location of the cylinder block coolant plug

Hugo

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

I have a 505 GTI Series 2 wagon from 1993 and I'm trying to locate the cylinder block coolant plug...

This topic has been covered a few times here, but not definitively with a clear photo. Some photo links have expired in earlier threads too.

If someone could get under their car and take a photo of the location of the plug that would be much appreciated. :)

The Haynes book doesn't cover this later engine, nor does the Owners Manual. I know one option is to leave it in place, but I want to do a thorough coolant flush with this plug out.

Thanks in advance. :)

Cheers,
Hugo

Hi all,

I have a 505 GTI Series 2 wagon from 1993 and I'm trying to locate the cylinder block coolant plug...

This topic has been covered a few times here, but not definitively with a clear photo. Some photo links have expired in earlier threads too.

If someone could get under their car and take a photo of the location of the plug that would be much appreciated. :)

The Haynes book doesn't cover this later engine, nor does the Owners Manual. I know one option is to leave it in place, but I want to do a thorough coolant flush with this plug out.

Thanks in advance. :)

Cheers,
Hugo

On the renault version of that engine it is on the exhaust side under the manifold.
It is a steel bolt with a square hear about 10mm.
I'd be leaving it though, and just flush with water.
You won't get all the coolant out of the entire system by undoing a screw. so will need to flush anyway.

Jo

If so, flush with the heater turned ON, so the coolant in that part is replaced.