that bit of glass up front

spamboy

Fellow Frogger
So how much does a windsheild cost for a 1990 405

on the Goldcoast, i got a price for $150, Griffith with one person that really does it, said $390, Wagga they said about $230

so how much should it cost?

cheers
Nathan

Quote on the 307 list going around is $1300!!!

Never mind RACV quoted a price from Peugeot half that price.

last time i got one for a 405 was in rockhampton and it was $230 in 1997
i enquired about the 306 and it was $200
also $200 for the 604
prices from O'brien in dubbo FWIW
where as here in parkes the local O'brien guy wanted $350 for the 306 and $300 for the 604
the idiot in town here tried to tell me that the 306 was a special screen for the auto wipers as he said it was integrated into the screen and i took him outside and said look
he said oh i must have read the book wrong

The lesson is that you never buy a screen in the bush...

On the second hand market, a screen you might pay $120 for in a country centre will cost you $20 in the cities.

Though it might bring difficulties, the economy is there. I once drove from Holbrook to Melbourne during the month of August, some time after midnight (I stopped at Benalla at 6:00am to buy ski gloves) with sheets and blankets wrapped around me...

and they wonder why people drive elsewere if they charge that much...

This town just gives me the Sh^ts . i havent found a mechanic who will touch my centeral locking problem yet.. have to fix it my self i guess to pass rego... spanner

Spam

Ray Bell:
The lesson is that you never buy a screen in the bush...

On the second hand market, a screen you might pay $120 for in a country centre will cost you $20 in the cities.

Though it might bring difficulties, the economy is there. I once drove from Holbrook to Melbourne during the month of August, some time after midnight (I stopped at Benalla at 6:00am to buy ski gloves) with sheets and blankets wrapped around me...
That and the fact that screens dont last long in the bush - even if they escape big chips, they get sandblasted badly in a couple if years.
My first Fuego was an 83' model and still had the original Reno screen in it - defianatly a city car all its life!