tech data

wee eck

Fellow Frogger
hi this is my first time here and I am asking for some help with a tech prob. I have a 1990 peugeot motorhome with a 2500 diesel engine (no Turbo) and I need the cyl head bolt down sequence, torque settings and valve setting if possible. I hope this is appropriate. Many Thanx in advance

hello there
welcome to the forum
i don't know what the torque settings are but the sequence as a rule of thumb is a simple one
start from the centre of the head and work outwards
usually in a spiral formation
that seems to be the most popular and easiest way to remember it

be carefull,most of the diesels have a specific pull down pattern not as easy as the old circle method.they can be quite complex around the major bolts and the shorter studs.i dont have the specs handy just now.is that engine the same as the aussie ones in the early 505 non turbo? ask dave mcbeen hes a wiz with the specs.if i get the specs ill post later.stuart.

I've just checked the head tightening sequence for the XD2 (2304cc) which is likely to be similar to the 2.5 litre (as these engines share alot of basics). The tightening sequence is really bizarre and I'm not going to attempt to describe it here, because it would be too easy to miscomprehend it. It's best to check the workshop manual out. I can scan the sequence diagram of the 2.3 litre and send it to you, but I can't guarantee that it's the same as the 2.5 litre.

Dave