TA front seat interchange

KiwiPete

VIP Paid Subscriber
Tadpole
Hi all,
Can anyone confirm if the front seats from an 11B (Normale?) will fit the 11BL? I need front seats and I’ve found a guy parting out an 11B.

I think i read somewhere that the seats are the same and it’s just the body that’s wider but can find where I read it.

Pete

I believe they are different in size, the base being slightly wider. Jose Franssen site confirms this.
with different part numbers and weights for seat bases.

Damn. Yeah, I just checked the Jose Franssen site and I see what you mean. Thanks for the response.

I'll keep an eye out. It'll be another year or so of rust repair before I need seats, so I guess no hurry :)

You can't cut the frame tubes, sleeve and weld to narrow them to suit?

yes you could cut thr frame, and cut the seat squab, and resew the seat cover, a lot of work and some of it best done professionally. there are many more BL around than normale, so the correct one should turn up

I had thought about cutting the frames down. Its very possible that the only bit I'd be able to reuse would be the frame/seat base and that the squab and cover would be trashed after 70 years and require buying again anyway. I could modify the base and buy the other bits in the right size, but I've got plenty of work to do on the car before I get to the interior.

I think at this point I'll just keep an eye out and wait for some to come up.