T7 308 HDi RHR, Overflow Bottle connector came off!

306Eran

Fellow Frogger
T7 308 HDi RHR, Overflow Bottle return connector came off!

Hi there,

Today while sitting idle in traffic the small return hose pipe connected to the overflow bottle came off, I pulled over to the side straight away.

After I noticed the small hose pipe had come off, there was water all over the place and the overflow bottle was empty. I had some water with me in the car and topped it up a small amount until the Overflow was back up to the Max mark.

I put the overflow return connector back on, I have a small feeling I may have knocked it loose this afternoon while fixing a globe. Otherwise I have no idea how it would suddenly burst off, it seems very solid and it has not come off again.

I'm a little worried given the fact I topped up the overflow with normal water, the water has now mixed in with the coolant already in the system and is now a light green colour.

Do I need to take any to take any further measures, or is it fine to keep on driving until my next service in a months time. Engine temperatures are perfectly normal!

Thanks

Last edited:
It’s fine

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

It’s fine

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Thanks that's good to hear. Car is running fine!