Sydney AFCD 2022 >> CANCELLED FOR 2022 (No longer on 18 September 2022) <<

Dijon16

Fellow Frogger
EDIT: Please note this event has been CANCELLED FOR 2022 due to recent wet weather.

It was previously rescheduled from 17 July 2022 to 18 September 2022, but the ground remains too waterlogged.
See:
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/i...mber-2022-or-17-july-2022.145422/post-1768665

The Sydney All French Car Day is on Sunday 17 July, 2022, as approved by Parramatta Council, with social distancing and a Covid-safe plan.

It is at Silverwater Park from 9 am. Enter from Clyde St East and loop under Silverwater Rd. This is the same venue as in previous years.
Entry is $10 per display vehicle.
It will be held under prevailing covid conditions.
There will be a QR code, and as an outdoor area there is plenty of room to socially distance yourselves from one another. We would expect that anyone who is unwell will not attend.
As usual we will be keeping an eye on the weather, as it will not go ahead if it is raining or if the ground is already saturated.

More details closer to the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: don
Any news in this space given recent weather in Sydney. Just need to know in advance whether to cancel our accommodation. Cheers

My guess is that the organisers will have to use the sealed car park area not the grassy field. Sydney will probably not dry out until Christmas, maybe?

I am still planning on taking the fast Floride, it was finished nearly 3 years ago and hasn't been seen at an event yet :(

It is with regret that the Peugeot Car Club NSW has had to postpone the long-awaited annual Sydney All French Car Day.

Following the recent heavy rain, the Silverwater Park venue is saturated, with large pools of standing water, particularly in the driveway.

With even more rain predicted, there is no chance that it will dry out before the due date.

The projected new date is Sunday September 18. This will be confirmed when it is approved by Parramatta Council, who we note have been very obliging in this matter.

Last edited:
We can confirm that the new date of Sunday September 18 has now been approved by the Council.

We just have to hope that the Silverwater Park ground dries out by then!

Further updates as necessary will be supplied closer to the time.

A reminder that if anyone is looking at the date in the title, it has been rescheduled, due to the state of the ground. It is now Sep 18.

Just an update on the AFCD. The Peugeot Club is keeping an eye on the state of Silverwater Park. We understand that it has to first of all get dry, then secondly stay dry.

Please keep an eye on social media – here, Facebook group, website. We will make further updates closer to the time.

What's the etiquette at the AFCD? I'd love to get down there... Would like to take the 308 GTi but the 306 xsi needs to get sold. Is it bad form to take a car there with a for sale sign?

What's the etiquette at the AFCD? I'd love to get down there... Would like to take the 308 GTi but the 306 xsi needs to get sold. Is it bad form to take a car there with a for sale sign?
There's been a few for sale signs in cars every year I've attended, probably the best place to find the discerning buyer :)

If you would like a banner ad for this event, can you send me a banner 728X90 pixels and I'll add it to the rotator with the FCD Victoria banner above. Cheers!

If you need a hand creating the banner I'm happy to create one... Just tell me what you want on it .

AFCD 2022 CANCELLED

An inspection of Silverwater Park today, Monday Sep 5, found it to be in much the same condition as the last time we had to cancel the day.

It had to both get dry, and stay dry. Neither condition could be fulfilled.

The entrance is well underwater, the rest of the field is soft and damp, if not actually boggy, and cannot support 150 cars.

There were several considerations in the decision to cancel this year´s AFCD:
- safety concerns for workers, participants, and spectators alike
- damage to the vehicles themselves
- the likelihood, in the current climate, of rain on the day

If we were to move the venue or the date, that would have to have been locked in by now, and it isn´t.
Indeed, no date in the foreseeable future could assure us that the regular venue would be a usable field and Parramatta Council, who have been very helpful, advise that there is no alternate venue available.

We are all very disappointed that this decision has had to be made.

Last edited: