Sunshine Coast - Wheel Balancing

Brenmax

Fellow Frogger
I'm up for new tyres on my 406 soon & am looking for recommendations on who can balance centreless rims on the Sunshine Coast. Bought last tyres (Michelin PS3's) from Bob Jane Maroochydore who said they had the adaptors, but failed to get the balance right after 2 attempts.

Cullens (pug dealers in Nambour) have a tyre dealer arm attached to their dealership, so hopefully they could drive the balancer properly.

Any advice please?

Regards

Bren

Good luck I have not even found anyone to do a all 4 wheel alignment on our Santa Fe dreading getting the C5 alignment done correctly. Let us know who you end up at. Cheers, Dimi

Sent from my GT-I9195T using aussiefrogs mobile app

I can't recommend Cullen's enough.

The guys there are incredibly knowledgeable with all things Pug and always seem to come through with the goods when it comes to my 504.

I got sick of the difficulties with the off wheel balancing and had a hole machined in the Centre using Peugeot center caps. Now the wheels can be balanced anywhere

Neilc - I guess from your post that BJ Nambour did get the balance right? (The shudder for me kicks in at about 110 Kph). I'm not too price sensitive if the job is done right.

Pugnut1 - I'm considering having the centres machined out & have spoken to a firm up here about that. May I ask what it cost you, & what caps you plugged the holes with?

Thanks
Bren

Bump. Pugnut1.. also interested in tricking the balancers.... got a photo of the caped wheels?

Bump - on this issue...

Have since spoken to BJ Maroochydore (from whom I bought the current tyres) & the local Pug dealership re balancing, & have been left feeling unfulfilled about their confidence & commitment re getting balancing absolutely right. I'm happy to drive to Brisbane for tyres if need be.

Can anyone recommend a tyre supplier/fitter in SE Qld who gets the balancing of these (unfortunate) centreless wheels reliably right?

Glen at Nambour BJ still has the balancing machine and is not letting it go. Permanently set up for 4 stud rims.
$30 for 2 wheels.
Second option want $50 a tyre in Albion so gave them a miss.
Supposedly all the big tyre companies traded in their old machines and the new replacement with all the bells and whistles still needed a $1k adapter which i guess they didn't invest in.

Last edited: