Starter Bushes

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
After starter bushes, front essential [or overhaul kit containing same] for Paris Rhone starter motor. 404 R16 type. Approx 14 x 12 x 12.
Anyone know where to source, please?

Theres an old guy runs a auto elec buisness at kirra appel street ,has a lot of old stock ,i have got some stuff from him ,he rebuilt an alternator for my 405 diesel ,he is a bit abrupt ,but thats just his nature , ,take your old brushes and holder down to show him ,may save a lot of time looking them up in old books ,pugs

Many thanks.
First stop this morning.
& thanks for the PM.
I'm @ 0h for one double for double to 7 double 6, give me a buzz & we'll catch-up some day soon.

After starter bushes, front essential [or overhaul kit containing same] for Paris Rhone starter motor. 404 R16 type. Approx 14 x 12 x 12.
Anyone know where to source, please?

Try a Shorlube agent.
After determining an accurate dimension

Shorlube Industries (Now PM Distributors P/L)
Bearing supplier in Dandenong South, Victoria
Address: Fact 6, 80-82 Rodeo Dr, Dandenong South VIC 3175
Phone: (03) 9794 5817

Bearing Wholesalers might also be worth a try. Bearing Wholesalers
They have branches throughout victoria and a couple locations in other states.
I have only rarely bought from them, but a friend that used to run a service station rates them highly.

Thanks 10 from Ashdowns in Molendinar $12 can't beat that. Only issue is the front nose cone is not 12 x 14 x 13 & will be near impossible to drill out accurately.

Apologies all, well i stuffed that up didnt i ,read it as brushes ,must of had a dyslectic moment ,still old mate at kirra is still a chance .pugs

Sorted.... having found OEX brand BUX44695 bushes @ Ashdowns [10 bushes $12 trade] asked an engineering mate if he could bore a concentric hole in the nose cone to accept the new bush.
I gave him a new 14mm drill bit & the job is done.
He indicated that the original hole was not concentric, there was plenty of meat left to mount the new sintered bronze oil soaked bushing in.
Adjusted the Bendix fork throw lever, which was way out & Bob's your uncle!
The starter is better than ever.
Cost was a 14mm drill bit, a loaf of homemade raisin loaf + $12, so about $30!

Very happy camper.