Springs or compression - xsi

Blakeynz

Fellow Frogger
hi im from new zealand and was looking for some springs to lower my xsi however there arent any in nz so i was gonna get my orignal ones compressed. what ya think? to colour code the mouldings on my car how long should this take for a sprayer?? heater on my car is not throwing out hot air any ideas why? cheers! :D

Reseting springs is not a good option, it can cause coil binding eek! and because they have been reset one area of the coil does most of the work, reducing the fatigue life of the spring (it will break or sag sooner) dead disappro .
Colour coding of trim strips should not be hard so long as no "Armorall" or other products containing silicone have been near them if they have allow 4 hours prep time + 1.5 hours finishing time + remove/install if required 6 hours. Cost in Oz about $400+. Is your engine running at the right temp if not the thermostat may be stuck open preventing the heater from working correctly(and wearing your engine fast). mallet

yeah im getting some spreings made for me - costing about 120 for the front and the same again for the back. i was so tempted to do the colour coding myself but then wised up - i might have a couple of people who can do me a deal which is nice. also im thinking of putting a filter in. the temp gauge seems the most reliable thing on the dash - that is except for the speedo and rev counter. the oil and fuel gauge go up and down like yo yo's so im having my friend check the car out today on his hoist at work. a friend suggested i check the thermostat - saying there might also be no water - i hope it is that simple. what ya think? cheers!