Spotted on LLoyds Auctions 1971 R5TL

I used to have a Landau back in the day :cool:
Landau front.PNG
ZZR and Landau.PNG

Never seen any up close, but was always fascinated by the big '70s american wagons like this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/97/ff/f597ff2bc409d4b170fd7ae9271d7117.jpg

Pilarless and wrap around screen and rear glass. Geez. I mean how much effort went into design and manufacturing?! Not a problem back then, I take it.
And I challenge anyone to tell me what is NOT to like about this

1621567873376.png

I mean come on, that is pure class - and driving pleasure to boot! :)

Ian.

Noice! They might look the same as the base Falcon Coupe, but that rear sheetmetal and roof are all unique I think.
Big, but not quite a yacht!
Yes, it is based on the XA/B/C coupe. The way they modify the roof is dodgy as, with the padded vinyl roof covering the sin. Mechanically a GT with 351 FMX and 9" 4 wheel discs and factory traction rods but LTD inside with 4 bucket seats. Groovy :dance:

And I challenge anyone to tell me what is NOT to like about this

View attachment 133189

I mean come on, that is pure class - and driving pleasure to boot! :)

Ian.
Once apon a time seeing out was important. Now they will fill it up with thick pillars and air bags to protect you from the crash you wouldn't have had years ago. And they put sensors all over the place because visability is so bad.

There's shipping costs listed, the cheapest is Queensland metro, so I assume it's in Brissy.
The add says it's currently Qld registered, so it seems likely it's in Brisbane

That is one seriously cute little car.

I would have it for 22 bucks any day. Wonder how much it will go for?
I have put a “fun” bid on the R5. It does have a reserve and I won’t even be 10% of that given what it has been advertised at previously. As mentioned it is at the Gold Coast.
Some years ago there were a couple of R5 Turbos (the front wheel drive version) for sale in Australia for $6- 10k ( now a much bigger number) but as usual like now I have nowhere to put them anyway.