Spotted on LLoyds Auctions 1971 R5TL

Hi JMan,
I’m friends with the owner on FB and I’ve seen nothing about him no longer owning it - in fact if asked him previously if I can have first refusal should he want to sell it. I very much doubt he’s sold it. I do know he has bought another toy or two and has been taking his young family away on camping holidays etc when allowed so maybe he’s kept the little Renault tucked away in his garage since then. I haven’t seen any pics on FB of it being out and about either!

Ps - do you mean 15/10/20 or Oct 2015? If the latter, it’s definitely been out and about since then.

KB

G'day KB, it was 25th October 2015 at 3.30pm to be precise 😁 Gotta love phone cameras. Where would we be without them! The white car is nice, but the blue one runs rings around the white one in appeal IMO with nicer interior colour and pattern, nicer wheels etc. I can imagine you'd like it back again.

What are the spare rims you have KB?

I’m organising a set of 5 Alpine rims through a contact in France as we speak for the 5TS I picked up. It currently has the same steel rims as the blue 5 in the photo above.

if you have any other R5 parts I’d be interested. Had a big Franzose order arrive on Tuesday with new front guards, lenses, grille and other odds and ends.

JMan, I loved the blue R5 but at the time it wasn’t eligible for historic rego and I had 5 cars and a motorbike so couldn’t afford rego & insurance on them all. So the choice was sell it or mothball it for two yrs until it was eligible. I got caught in a weak moment and sold it. The subsequent owner here in Sydney didn’t keep it that long before selling it to Brett in South Oz. The white one has the small engine (can’t rmember the exact size - 850 or 956cc. It was a 74 from memory). My blue one had the bigger 1289 engine and if I recall correctly a 4 speed floor shift. Bob’s newer 5 door had the 1397cc engine and a 5 speed.

Jensen - I probably have photos somewhere but it may be quicker to search under my user name for the old for sale ad on here - that has photos and details. I may have to pull one out and remeasure the PCD as you’ll see from discussion on the ad thread. We can negotiate on price but since you’re already bringing in some, you may not be interested anyhow.