Spotted in NSW.....

I got a return wave from a fellow Peugeot driver on Thursday!

It's such a rarity these days around my part of the country. I don't know what happens in other parts of the country.

I was driving our 306 Cabriolet along Byrnes Rd between Junee and Wagga Wagga late in the afternoon, and I think that it was around Shepherd's Siding that a 307 CC approached from the opposite direction. I now know that there are at least two 307CCs in the area and both are red or maroon. I don't know which of the two this one was.

I usually wave to other Peugeots, and probably other Frenchies, too. No doubt that causes some consternation for the drivers of the other makes, wondering who this person is waving to them!

I may have posted previously about a silver-coloured Citroën C4 in the area. I've recently noticed the letters on the number plate of that C4 - BNP. It got me wondering if the car used to belong to the Banque Nationale de Paris. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Andrew

I've been out and about quite a lot recently in a very nice DS21IE Pallas.
Everyone over the age of 50 waves, grins or gives a thumbs up!
I mean everyone!
saw one the same just yesterday - COINCIDENCE?? :whistle:
IMG_1488.JPG

At the NSSCC St Ives brunch in Sydney it was like shooting fish in a barrel.
There was a few Renault Megane Sports, but not as many as last month.
2 white R10s, not together.
6 Cits from the CCC (2CV, C6, DS, GS, CX, Xantia) and lone 208 GTi Édition Définitive.

Car park was interesting too. An H van, 2 C5 wagons, a Xara VTS and a C5 next to a C3.

At the NSSCC St Ives brunch in Sydney it was like shooting fish in a barrel.
There was a few Renault Megane Sports, but not as many as last month.
2 white R10s, not together.
6 Cits from the CCC (2CV, C6, DS, GS, CX, Xantia) and lone 208 GTi Édition Définitive.

Car park was interesting too. An H van, 2 C5 wagons, a Xara VTS and a C5 next to a C3.
The lovely yellow Citroen H van is always at the showground and has set up next to the park selling coffees.

Spotted on Friday 12 March on the Castlereagh Highway - somewhere near "Ilford" not one but two Renault 4's. Actually not "on" the Castlereagh Highway but in a paddock next to it - think they were for sale - looked fairly rough though. Sorry no photo this time as was 'on a mission' no time to stop. What was the mission? suffice it to say I've now got the 'missing link' between my 404 & 505 - yes a 504 sedan needing plenty of work - but thats for another post.

Spotted at DS Pallas at Croydon on Wednesday night. Unfortunately it was being loaded onto a flat loader truck.

Those are a rare sight on the roads, but they do look fantastic and I think the air bumps are a great addition, both practically and aesthetically.

Been a very successful week spotting modern classics Citroens

On Tuesday spotted a Citroen SM in the carpark at Bunnings

On Thursday spotted a white BX Break on James Ruse Drive at Parramatta - gave an received a wave of recognition - nice

Last edited:
Lots of Pugs in Wilcannia on Friday, including a tasty 403.
Apparently heading up to Birdsville!

Dave

Spotted my first 2008 GT on Saturday driving on Mona Vale Rd. Behind it was a 3008. Both same colour, red. Not a big SUV fan at all but the 2008 definitely has a presence on the road.

Was it on Friday or Saturday? I can’t remember. But I certainly remember the dark blue series one Renault Megane hatchback, with Vic registration plates, driving along the Sturt Highway through Wagga Wagga.

Those cars never fail to impress me!

Spotted in Croydon today at 11:30am-ish. A silver Peugeot 205 GTI, a Series 2, I think. Complete with baby seat!

A metallic reddish brown 5 door hatchback 206 in a car park in Wagga Wagga this evening. The driver was a delivery person for one of the meal delivery services. I was sitting in my car waiting for someone and saw him approaching his 206 so I put down my window to say hello. He saw my Peugeot and started to smile and he gave me a thumbs up. 👍
When he got into his car, he put down his window and said, 2003 model car. It looked like it was in very good condition. I asked him how many kilometres so he started the engine and then told me, 90 000 kilometres.

I thought that my recently acquired 2003 model 406 with 124 000 kilometres was low for its age, but that 206 amazed me.

Cheers,
Andrew

During the Sydney COVID19 lock down, I have been exploring, on foot, every square metre of the area within 5 km of my house. Yesterday I was wandering down a new, to me, street in Dulwich Hill and spotted under a car cover the distinctive shape of a Citroën BX.

I’ve been having some Renault Megane days.

On Thursday afternoon I got talking to a young man who was getting back to his Megane RS Cup. He was very thrilled with the car! He said that he had owned a Hyundai i20 hot hatch and that it was a good car, but he realised “that for just a few grand more” he could own a real hot hatch. So he bought the Renault.

Today, at the same intersection but travelling in different directions, were a series one Megane sedan and a couple of seconds later, a series one hatch.

Very satisfying afternoon!

Cheers,

Andrew

Spotted on New Line Road Cherrybrook yesterday afternoon, was a great looking white R10 on historic plates. Lowered and on wide wheels it brought back fond memories and made me envious. So small too compared to the other vehicles driving beside it.

If the owner is on here you've got a big thumbs up from me.