Spotted in NSW.....

A reasonably well kept Peugeot 403 in my mechanic’s workshop this morning.

Apparently there’s a new old Peugeot owner in Wagga Wagga. The owner told my mechanic that his first car was a 403 and he was delighted to have another one.

The car is in to have the brakes fixed - I don’t know what is wrong with them - and the mechanic said he was asked to go over the car and see what else might need to be done. It’s on full registration, not Club plates, so it seems that the owner intends to drive the car more often than not.

H van in Newtown

all in aid of something called the Purple festival
several Police were in purple uniforms
[not sure why pics aren't appearing]

69619211_10156698657843231_4218685017510903808_n.jpg

69266247_10156698658153231_8886876643591716864_n.jpg

Spotted a Peugeot 505 Familiale in Petersham on Tuesday night. Very nice

Spotted a blue and grey/black Cactus C4 heading southwest on the M5 this morning. Appeared to have an aftermarket antenna

Spotted many Citroëns and Peugeots on my trip up to blue mountains over the weekend.

Probably none of any great interest aside from the white 2CV with numberplate “BIJOU” crossing the Harbour Bridge - I have seen this one around a couple of times (is it a Beachcomber?)

I saw a pearlescent white DS5 parked in Crows Nest - I don’t know why, but I find the DS5 a VERY attractive car, particularly in pearlescent white. Looks amazing.

And I saw a new C3 Aircross being driving up the Great Western Highway. Black. Looked better in the flesh than in the pictures. Now I have spotted C3 and C3 Aircross in the wild.... hoping to come across a C5 Aircross at some point now they are finally actually selling (a few.)

Spotted a white current model C3 with a red roof on Liverpool Rd Ashfield, heading towards the city in the PM

Spotted in Wollongong today...midday in Keira Street...2 (TWO) Peugeot Django scooters...two tone paint in the style of classic Vespa.
Youngish couple enjoying the flexibility of their scooters in the traffic. :)

Today, in Armidale:

A beautiful dark blue 505 GTI sedan. In central city open
air car park. Haven't seen it before, but obviously someone's pride and joy.

Yellow C4 Cactus with P plates cresting over the top of Gladesville Bridge (in Sydney) just as I was coming up from the opposite direction.

Metallic Blue 505 wagon, waiting at the lights on King Georges Rd to turn into Canterbury Rd. Tues (12 May) at around 1500.

Spotted a C4 Cactus in Croydon today, White with brownish inserts

Citroen freak on the corner of Junction road and Grosvenor street Wahroonga has a BX WHITE plus a very nice burgundy XM. until recently he had another BX as well.

Parked in Murwillumbah this morning,a showroom quality Peugeot 205 gt.
type of orange colour

Parked in Murwillumbah this morning,a showroom quality Peugeot 205 gt.
type of orange colour

Not many orange ones I would assume, not this one by any chance?

I saw it at the French car day in Brisbane 2014 I think it was.

P1120018.JPG

Fivedoor,looks the same,though I think it had nsw rego but it did have qld pug club sticker.

Fivedoor,looks the same,though I think it had nsw rego but it did have qld pug club sticker.

My photo is 6 years old. Could have been sold or the owner moved is my guess because of the colour. I like it, but lot of people don't.

Yahay! The original "hot" hatch! On the basis of this, how many subsequent 205, 206, 306 etc hatches did Peugeot manage to flog over the decades....

Original? As a proud owner of 205 Gti I have made that claim before and been challenged on it enough to check it out.

Didn't the 205 Gti first come out in 1984 with 1600 engine.

My WV nut mate claims that the original title goes to the 1976 Golf Gti.

But bit of googling suggests that that claim could also be challenged by:-

1976 Renault 5 Gordini and the (apparently it only just beat the 205 to the market) and

1973 Simca 1100Ti, despite the designation, it had 1300 engine - I didn't even know if this little rocket ship previously.

I would not be surprised if there were other claimants to the throne.

I found this interesting bit of trivia, but I suppose lot depends on how one sees things

Last edited:
Yahay! The original "hot" hatch! On the basis of this, how many subsequent 205, 206, 306 etc hatches did Peugeot manage to flog over the decades....

LOL - yeah - I certainly didn't buy my GTi6 on the basis of my experience with my 205. After 3 years of ownership I thought the 205 was rubbish. After 13 years of ownership I still thought the GTi6 was brilliant. I was happy to see the 205 go - not so with the GTi6.

I think a lot of the rep of the 205 came from the UK, where they were much lighter without power steering and air-con, and the non-cat 1.9 had 130bhp instead of the crippled 122bhp we got here. I'd love to try a UK spec 205.

Cheers

Justin