Spotted in NSW.....

Spotted yesterday a Citroën GS parked on Pittwater Rd around East Ryde.

Spotted on Friday morning heading south on the Princes Hwy past Kiama as I was heading north.

A very nice looking dark coloured SM. I didn't even get a chance to flash headlights to say "bonjour"

Just around at the mechanic in Waratah and he had a 404 in for a gear selector job.:cool:
White with a roof rack and sunshield, rego 69PUG. Looking good ! That style looks OK to my eye still and not BS fussy like new cars.
Looking a bit like a car ready for the family holiday, which might have been typical in the good o'l days for one of theses ! ;)
Jaahn

Attachments

• Pug 404 IMG_20230928_104935~2.jpg
    Pug 404 IMG_20230928_104935~2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Saturday afternoon coming down Roseville bridge and onto Eastern Valley way I was next to a nice dark grey 308 gti270.... In my white 308 GTI 270. Was great to get a wave and a quick hello through the open windows!

A banana yellow CX Pallas in Willoughby this morning, parked on my street. Looked great. Tiny spot of rust bubbles on the driver's door but otherwise a tidy looking car. It's definitely a french friendly neighbourhood... There's at least two local c6's and a plethora of 308's and a few 306's. Have also spotted recently a blue 205 Si, a 405 Sr and quite a few x7 c5's.

Spotted a current C3 parked in Burwood Westfield on Sunday Arvo.

I forgot to post this, but I had a spectacular Froggy day last Thursday in Wagga.

Seriously, three different 407s! I know that they were all different because the two wagons were registered in different states, and the other 407 was a sedan.

There was a 406 parked in the staff car park of Junee Prime Lamb. It’s been there every week day since Thursday, so I stopped and looked up the registration details (as much as the RMS allows). It’s a 1999 model, the same as my older one. But it has a different weight on the registration details compared to my car. I’m now very curious to know what model it is!

Then there were four different phase one 308s. Three wagons and one hatchback. Funnily enough, they all had red P plates on them.

Two Renault Mégane hatchbacks - series one.

I don’t know enough about Citroens to know what the different models are, especially not at passing speeds. But I’m pretty sure that there were at least two C4s and they looked like they were older cars.

There’s a C4 Cactus for sale parked on the side of Red Hill Rd. A 2012 model and they’re asking $11,000 I think.

And finally for the day, an immaculate looking grey 306 hatchback driving along the Olympic Highway near Brucedale.

What a great day!

Then there were four different phase one 308s. Three wagons and one hatchback. Funnily enough, they all had red P plates on them.
This might be something to do with A) value. A lot of car for the money. And B) howsafeisyourcar.com.au always seems to recommend the 308 as a safer option if you input the common corolla, Hyundai i30 etc

This might be something to do with A) value. A lot of car for the money. And B) howsafeisyourcar.com.au always seems to recommend the 308 as a safer option if you input the common corolla, Hyundai i30 etc

I’ve never heard of that website before.

My (unstated) theory was that these 308s had probably been in the family for a number of years, and now that they are getting a bit older, the parents were thinking about updating their old car. They suddenly found out that dealers don’t want a Peugeot with 250-300,000 kilometres on the clock. And now, with the oldest child off to university, in the country no less, this would make the ideal car for the next few years.

It is safe, as you have pointed out via that site, and it is incredibly economical to run.

If mum and dad are going to be footing the bills for the next three to four years for a whole range of things, a car that they know and is safe and …

What more could a parent want!?!

Very attractive new Citroen C4 parked in St Mary's Rd in the city this afternoon. It made the Bentley a little in front of it look crude.

OMG, some times it pays off to do things in a slightly different manner.

I popped down to Summer Hill village today. Nothing particularly new about that, other than the day and time. I went on a weekday (usually go on the weekend) and a bit earlier than usual. And I was rewarded.

I spotted a C5X parked in the Lackey St car park and a current model C4, in the burnt orange colour, parked up near the railway line. It never rains but it pours. I haven't seen so many Citroëns in one place outside of Continental Cars. 😂

I popped down to Summer Hill village today. Nothing particularly new about that, other than the day and time. I went on a weekday (usually go on the weekend) and a bit earlier than usual. And I was rewarded.
I grew up in Summer Hill. I don’t think that I ever saw a Citroën in all my years there! And the only frogs that I remember seeing were my 404 and my first 504, and my next door neighbour’s Renault 10. How times must have changed.

Out for a drive yesterday, I had the unusual experience of seeing both a first and second generation Peugeot 3008 within a couple of kilometres of each other. Also in the same area of Old Junee, a ‘restyled’ 307 wagon.

Later in the day, an RC-Z, possibly a Victorian rego, between Ariah Park and Temora. It looked very classy both as it approached from behind me and also as it disappeared into the distance.

In Ashfield, I have spotted a 208 GTi Coupe Franche, Summer Hill a Citroen Dispatch, a couple of T9 308s, a 2008 and a couple of 3008s also floating around.

In Junee this morning, a South Australian registered 2008.

During a very brief chat with one of the passengers from the 2008, we agreed that there are not nearly enough Peugeots out on Australian roads. :D