***spoiler*** Chinese GP

gti138

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Well - finally another race that we wont have to stay up late to watch!!!

Qualifying proved that Michael Schumacher is human after all - either that or he felt like a challenge for the first couple of laps.

Alonso will come off the 3rd Row for Renault and Jacques to come from 13th - Just behind Mark Webber.

Let's hope the Renault's have a good strategy to help overtake BAR for 2nd in the Construtors championships.

Yeah, it's going to be a great race to watch! Only thinkg that's worrying me is that both Alonso and Villeneuve had talk about a nervous car, lets hope the cars holds up well for the race.

The launch system should give them some advantage, but with Michael spinning off first corner, might have to be careful with the speed up too.

it will be an interesting race. I have not seen any of the Chinese F1 track so I will be watching with interest. Is the track a track where you can overtake, or is it just another pit stop race to see who can strategize the best?

Let's go Renault! Let's get ourselves infront team 'V-TEC' :cheers:

Best of luck to Jacques, I have a good feeling he will do quite well in the Renault again.

Adam.

Apparently the longest straight section between turns 13 and 14 will provide an excellent opportunity to overtake (and is longer than the start/finish straight). I think the Renaults oughta do better than BAR as there's a power hike, is suited better to the variety of corners (favouring good aerodynamics and grip) and the proven launch system.

The main straight (not the start finish one) is 1.2 KM long with a sharp hairpin at the end - looks like there could be some drafting and overtaking both along the straight and into the hairpin. I've seen some footage that I've downloaded off the net including Rubens doing a full on-board lap - looks like quite an interesting layout apart from the lack of elevation changes. ie flat!
Lets hope it's a good race

It seemed to go from being delayed to being in-time but out of phase. Was really hard to understand the team radio etc - Not a bad race though.

gti138 said:
It seemed to go from being delayed to being in-time but out of phase. Was really hard to understand the team radio etc - Not a bad race though.
Still a red car at the poiny end of the field, makes you wonder what Rubens would have done over the last 5 years if it wasn't for his team mate ? .. Then again MS is good at setting up cars and getting the most out of them, so maybe Ferrari would not have been so good if it wasn't for his imput.

- XTC -

XTC206 said:
Still a red car at the poiny end of the field, makes you wonder what Rubens would have done over the last 5 years if it wasn't for his team mate ? .. Then again MS is good at setting up cars and getting the most out of them, so maybe Ferrari would not have been so good if it wasn't for his imput.

- XTC -
That and would Ferrari have been able to attract people of the calibre of Ross Brawn from Benetton if Schu was still there.

I think it's more a combination of all the factors because Ferrari were never *that* far off the mark they just needed the combination to be right to get the results.