Spicing up the C4

Uga Boga

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Best to check with your dealer about those. They look pretty angry :evil:

Did you end up winning that BX 16Valve auction in NZ?
Still going to build up a bx as a project?? If so save the money for it :headbang:

Dave

Dave said:
Best to check with your dealer about those. They look pretty angry :evil:

Did you end up winning that BX 16Valve auction in NZ?
Still going to build up a bx as a project?? If so save the money for it :headbang:

Dave

Nope, i lost that stupid Trademe.co.nz auction... never received any e-mail from them saying i was outbidded. I've bidded on another 1987 BX GTi, this one was 220,000kms and is owned by NZ motor journalist (Peter Gill?), apparently it's well maintained.

I have my sights on the new C6, which will be here February 2006, the 2.7L Turbo Diesel sounds great :headbang:

Uga Boga said:
Nope, i lost that stupid Trademe.co.nz auction... never received any e-mail from them saying i was outbidded. I've bidded on another 1987 BX GTi, this one was 220,000kms and is owned by NZ motor journalist (Peter Gill?), apparently it's well maintained.

I have my sights on the new C6, which will be here February 2006, the 2.7L Turbo Diesel sounds great :headbang:

Just make sure its a GTi 16Valve - there were regular GTI 8 Valves as well.

Is the C6 going to replace the Jag? :wink2:

Dave

Yep, i'll probably sell the Jag privately.. (would get much more for it then a trade in)

You'd have to be stupid to buy a warranty-less Jag tho... Maintenance costs a fortune... (avg service, $1,500, numerous transmission issues etc)

The cost for a replacement transmission is 17k! :eek:

(I presume it's a 16V hmm, he doesn't mention it, i better fire off an e-mail. It's a 1987 model)

Just wanted to add one more thing, in regards to the "angry" look, the C4 kinda looks angry stock...

I dunno why, but i always get these P-Platers in Nissan SSS's, Skylines etc.... trying to drag me at the lights... I would oblige, however, it takes over 10secs to reach 100km/h, even with "Sport" mode on. :cry:

i doubt those things would affect the warrenty, but worth checking anyway..
im sure the dealer could get someone to paint it i guess and should be able to fit it..
just remember to find out the shipping costs and make sure its sent by air unless you want to wait months by sea...

The dealer is willing to install them if they're of reasonable quality.

Has anyone ever purchased similar kits from Cituning?

only things like rear lights....and they look really good..

its worth emailing cituning and asking them about it..

Uga Boga said:
I dunno why, but i always get these P-Platers in Nissan SSS's, Skylines etc.... trying to drag me at the lights... I would oblige, however, it takes over 10secs to reach 100km/h, even with "Sport" mode on. :cry:

I got a bit of that over the weekend in my Xsara VTS. Didn't pay any attention to them though. I'm yet to have my first service so I'm being gentle, and I guess they hadn't heard about the double demit points.

The C4 spoiler looks good, keep us informed on how you go with it.