Sphere testing - Melbourne

KAndy

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Dear Brains trust, my hydraulic pump (DS23) is working way too hard (every 12-15 seconds cycle), wanted to check the accumulator sphere before I go chasing other things but Wolfgang (Cit club go to on spheres & hydraulics) is a bit crook.
Does anybody know somewhere that can do a sphere test/ refill in Melbourne so I can be back on the road sooner rather than later… the Cars of France crew in Fairfield don’t seem interested….
tks
KAndy

Any of the dealers who have worked on C5/C6 will have a sphere tester. It will use LDS, although some may also have an older identical tester filled with LHM if they've been around long enough to have serviced XM/Xantia. The LDS for the test of an accumulator shouldn't present any problems and there won't be trapped LHM in yours if it still has gas. You can only ask. Worst case they decline. When using the factory tester rig, for clearance some spheres may require the extension piece you find between the DS front sphere and cylinder.

if you give it a couple of days, I bet someone here sends you a message. A lot of people have made there own testers!

There is a great clubman in North Melb suburbs. Have alerted and he will PM you

Interesting Darebin Tyre Service, also operating as Cars of France? aren't interest. Last time I checked they were after circa $80 for a regas

Thanks all, had a helping hand and it’s not the accumulator. I have the height corrector out now, pretty filthy… hope that’s it rather than the steering rack$$.
Yes Darebin tyres/ cars of… were underwhelming, could fit me in just over 2 week…. good for them, business must be good.