Spending about 3.5g on my 505. need help

jammin_b

Fellow Frogger
Hi there I am trying to decide whether to do up the head on my 2.0 gti motor and supercharge it or stick in a 604 V6 both with a 5 spd - any ideas - want best performance (duh) - and not toooo much cash

Also - I want to put a big front air dam and rear spoiler??????
Also - same old 390 wheel prob
frown.gif
Want to put a decent set of 17 or 18s on - ???????

I dont ask for much do I
smile.gif

Cheers
Ben

Ben,
There is a factory 505 Turbo engine (160 hp plus), gearbox (5 speed) and diff(LSD) available in Melbourne for $2500.

Regards Graham

Graham,

please correct me if i'm wrong but the turbo 505 (N9TE) engine wasn't brought to Australia (or for that matter never made in the RHD version) because of the turbo fouling the steering column. No doubt some clever re-engineering (and plenty of $$$) could overcome this problem?

Yes?

con....

Con,
It can done, the main change is to fit a smaller brake booster. My V6 rally car was originally built as a turbo.
The car had manual steering, maybe the power steering rack could pose a problem. I can ask the Alan Upton, the person who did the conversion if anyone is interested.
The engine is advertised by Jarrod Smith in the latest Victorian Peugeot Club magazine.
Regards, Graham

that turbo engine in melbourne sounds very interesting ... Do you have any more details on it ie phone number ...

also looking for a 5spd manual as my 1980 model gearbox wont fit onto the gti motor
????????? - though that turbo drive train would solve that prob
smile.gif

still no Ideas on body kit???