Speaking of tyres.

pekay49

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I had an occasion to going to a well known Tyre Outlet last week.
While I was waiting for car I spoke to a young lady who had had a puncture in her 308 size Benz.
She mentioned that she had purchased the car recently.New car was going to cost her about $500.00. for her new run flat tyre.
Gent came in with a metal thread about 20.mm long.
Final analysis was the run flat tyre,from memory, a Pirelli ,could only be repairs,some of the other run flats could be repaired only once or twice.
So,with that knowledge may I suggest that if you are buying a new car or replacing tyres you may care to check this matter.

Take Care.

No need to take care pekay49.
I'm not, but if I was, I would insist on a full size spare with my new vehicle, even if I had to keep it at home in the garage.
I would add to my brief to the dealer(s): include one full size spare! I'm pretty sure that that extra wheel would be added at a nominal mark up to secure the sale

Since 1967 I have had only four tyres deflate due to foreign objects puncturing them. This has included a couple of million kilometres of driving, including rallying and a trip right around Eastern Australia and the Centre.

I'd suggest people worry far too much about flat tyres and can confirm that correct tyre pressures keep the nasty invasive nuts, bolts, screws and rocks on the outside of your tyres!

I rarely have tyre problems...BUT...what I was referring to was these.run flat tyres.If you buy those that are repairable then it would be far more economical.PLUS if one has a puncture.some where between here and to Perth and the South West of W. A. as I did a while ago and i had left whatever spare had I had left at home,locked up in my garage..and I was the only key holder...then it might be a week before I got my spare....So..6 nights in a hotel or such...??
I have not had the pleasure of being able to keep an eye on my 4 tyres while cruising across the Nullabor at night and anywhere else during the 4 odd million
k's I have driven 1967.
Interestingly I found out decades ago that the definition of L U C K is..LABOURING UNDER CORRECT KNOWLEDGE...which is why I do my best to share with others so that they can prevent an unnecessary problem.As an extremely wise friend used to say 'IF YO HAD TO GO THROUGH A MINEFIELD...WOULD YOU RATHER FOLLOW ONE THAT HAD MADE IT SAFELY THROUGH OR...GO THROUGH IT ON YOUR OWN"SADLY ..I had limbs amputated,died with massive strokes,died with multiple cancers,themselves or their children and parents DIE...with the after effects of vaccines,miss out on property deals that would have amassed a fortune...lost truckloads on purchasing vehicles that ,from my 50 odd years of learning ,expressed my concerns about such.
ANY WAY..I SINCERELY WISH YOU THE BEST ..OF LUCK.This message covers both Gentlemen's comments