Source for 205 Si Handbrake cables and clutch cable

matara

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a pair of handbrake cables for a 91 205 Si (manual), and a clutch cable for same. Si's had rear drum brakes so I don't think GTi cables will work.

Thanks

Steve

Funny enough the cables are the same, I changed to rear discs on a S1 Gti with S3 trailing arms and same cables worked.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a pair of handbrake cables for a 91 205 Si (manual), and a clutch cable for same. Si's had rear drum brakes so I don't think GTi cables will work.

Thanks

Steve
Most Australian GTis had drum brakes, only the S3 had discs. I get the feeling though that like most surviving 404s are 1969 or 70 most 205 GTis are S3.

There are definitely different cables for drum or disc brake.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 10.17.34 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 10.17.34 pm.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 53
Thanks Graham, I found a source in the UK, for UK made cables and some other 205 parts. I ordered the ones for drum brakes along with a clutch cable, so I can see if that makes the clutch less stiff before I embark on replacing the clutch/pressure plate.

1691662682395.png

I ordered them from a uk ebay seller with reasonable postage. for example each cable was AU27.91 plus AU$4.18 postage.

Not to much to lose if they are the wrong ones. Interesting that the left and right are different lengths.

Cheers

Steve