Sound Deadening

Clark rubber used to sell carpet underlay a few years back when i sound deadened the 12 wagon, worked a treat.Dunno if they still do.

On the 205, I used a black paint on tar (nice and thick) that I put underneath the car and under the carpet, works well, but stinks for a bit
smile.gif
Available at most places like supercheap etc in 4 litre tins.

Chipper

Hey Alan,

what did Brad use in his CX?? You said he put about 150kg of the stuff through his car...

seeya,

Shane L.

Mark,

Before I had the firewall of the DS done I was investigating some stuff from hot-rod/racing places. It also was a heat reflector. I can't remember the name of the product though.

The place I managed to find some in Sydney was -

Revolution Racegear
Unit 3/ 191 Parramatta Rd
Auburn, NSW, 2144
Australia Ph: (02) 9648 4044

I have not used it, as the firewall was done from the other side.

The Jaycar material comes in quite small pieces - the heaviest is remarkably heavy - filled with used Barium meal or something like that! I have some that I will try in the doors of the GS - there should be no drumming with it attached.

Regards

Paul

Shane,

The stuff Brad used was bought from a company now known as Plastyne Products in Brisbane and is called "Wave-Bar 8kilo"
Why is it called 8kilo he asks?
Because it weighs 8 kgs per square metre
biggrin.gif

I can't remember the name of the company at the time that he bought it, but from memory they were "Queensland Distributors" so every chance you could get it down your way.

Alan S