Sorta Urgent - thinking about buying a 306 gti 6 (perth)

corks

Fellow Frogger
HOwdy all,

first post to the forum.

I have a chance to purchase a 97 306 gti 6
for $17,500 ono.

car has done 113,000 kays, engine wise seems good as do brakes and handing. appears to have had full service history at either all pike or eurocare. with warranty service stamps in book and current (2nd) owner has all the receipts from the time he bought it at about 48 thousand kays.

exterior isnt too bad , minor/bad scratches around the rear windows screen wiper where some wanker scratched it. 2 "shopping centre" dings on right hand side.

car is stock , but owner seems tohave looked after it, new pirelli 600 195/55 recently fitted.

what do you think, sorry for the urgency - ned to know in a hurry - any comments or suggestions either here or email me at trigarti 67 at iinet net au

thanks

I think this has been covered a few times.
Read the previous posts about 306gti and the thread about differences in 306 models.

Any GTi6 is a great car. Just watch for for obvious marks of a car that was driven hard. Specially watch for rear quarter panel deformations near the bottom of the rear quarter window and welds of the rear quarter panels.
Allow for clutch service (EXPENSIVE), timing belt MUST be done at 80,000kms. Interior squeaks are normal but should not be worse than 405 or 205 rattles inside the cabin.

Redbook guide:
1997 PEUGEOT 306
N5 Hatchback GTi 6 3dr Man 6sp 2.0i (July onwards)
average kms 110,000 - 130,000
trade in price guide* $16,800 - $19,400
national average price - private sale* $18,800 - $22,200
price when new (RRP) $41,875

good luck with purchase.

okay, thanks for that

sorry f covering old ground - did a search of the site for 306 gt6 and found lots of good stuff.

will be having another look tmw and then making up my mind.

anybody had any experience with either all pike or eurocare here in perth

thanks

corks:
anybody had any experience with either all pike or eurocare here in perth thanks
For a car out of warrenty - go Eurocare - everyone else does (don't ask why). Make sure it's had the 80,000km timing belt change.

- XTC206 -

PS: There is a GTi group in Perth I know a little about wink - mainly 206's - but also some 306GTi's, 205GTi's and 405Mi-16's.

Cool, anybody know if the perth or WA pug club is up and running. Ive checked a couple of sites via google and they lead to dead ends or seem way old.