Some ideas from O/S

Yes, buiness is owned by Neil Brogden who used to run Viper.
if you were browsing the uk based pug forums a year ago there weren't many good words being said about him at the time.
i've heard the parts are good but that he was dodgy (apparently), i cant comment personally because i've never dealt with him.
the mi16 conversion parts make the conversion look very simple, you can buy a shortened inlet manifold and also a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold that fits neatly.

his brother Iain is part owner of
http://www.pugspares.co.uk
has helped me many times with advice etc
has even posted here a few times regarding 405 suspension.

Andreas

Andreas,
Was it my imagination, or were this lot doing an 8 to 16 valve conversion using the original 8 valve bottom end about a year or so ago?
Maybe too many owners found out why PSA, the Pug/Cit makers used a different one in the first place
redface.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chipper:
I didnt think the 16V head fit on the 8V block?....different oil/water galleries?

or am I mistaken?

Dunno,
I can remember seeing a conversion somewhere on the net & it cost an arm & a leg to do & I am pretty sure it was on this site.
I have heard of the differences between the 8 & 16V varieties but I can't say that I can remember the things you mention as being different which doesn't mean they're not.
Spoke to a guy recently who had heard the story many times about the old Fergy Tractor motor being identical to the Vanguard car motor.
Blew a motor in his Tractor, found a rusty Vanguard with a good motor; looked the same, removed both motors AND ........ didn't stand a cat in hell's chance of making it fit into the Tractor.
Which proves; many legends are built on myths
wink.gif

Alan S

Alan,

Yeah, I *thought* those aformentioned reasons were why we have to replace the whole donk if you want the 16V in a 205.

Hope im wrong
wink.gif

i dont think it was racing solutions/viper that offered the 8 to 16v conversion.
but i have heard about it somewhere.
why would you bother.

bottom end on 16v is alot stronger than 8v, better flywheel etc.

btw anyone looking for a XU9J1 1.9L 8v and BE1 gearbox from 205/309 76,000 miles

if you dont does any one know how much it might go for????

Thanks,

Daniel

Skip Brown in the U.K put an xu9j2 in the early 205s before peugeot did. His company has been doing the conversion from the begining. Ecosse in Scottland have some interesting coversions and a very quick 309 GTI 6 !!
Regarding youre BE1 arent these notoriously weak compared to the BE3 ?

Um well

its done 76,000 miles and and its almost finished the complete decimation of it's 2nd (as far as i know) gearbox

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chipper:
I didnt think the 16V head fit on the 8V block?....different oil/water galleries?

or am I mistaken?

Chipper,

The penny has just dropped with me on this one. They were manufacturing their own head which is why oil & water gallies weren't a problem.
Knowing that someone is in the process of making up a head at the moment, if I can find this page assuming it still exists, I'll post it.

Alan S

Daniel Ecosse have an even quicker 309 now, well not there's but built by them.
2.0 8v turbo
btw havent received that attachment from last week yet

Alan S,

Ahhhh...I see, I guess if they made the head they would make it to match up to the 8V. I think this could be an alternative for anyone with a 205 to do a head swap rather than a complete engine swap with radiator position,engine mounts and the like being retained from the 8V.

I would be interested to have a look at the site if you can dig it up.

Cheers

Chipper
biggrin.gif