Some days you just cannot help but smile.

Dano

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Some days you just cannot help but smile. There are some truly nice people out there!

The photo below shows some bits and pieces that were purchased off eBay France. By themselves, they are not that interesting. Just me trying to maintain originality.

attachment.php
DSCN3067A.JPG

The transaction was not that straight forward, the seller stated no international and payment by cheque only. Mmm, never a good sign. Anyhow, as I really wanted the items, I wrote to the seller explaining what I was doing with the 404 etc. and would he reconsider his no international shipping stance and would he accept an international direct deposit. To prove I was serious, I attached a few photos of the 404 and 203 to the email. If you do not ask, you will never know…

His responded positively to my requests. Within his email, he told me a bit about himself. He once had a 203 coupe, nicest care he had ever owned. At 71, he still works as a mechanic and he did his apprenticeship at a Peugeot dealership in Paris. He was pleased to hear that French cars, especially the old ones are popular down here.

As usual, the auction ran its course…. When he sent an email, confirming that the items were in the post, he mentioned that he had put in a few small gifts for the 203.

The image below is what he sent me as gifts. They are all NOS bits. The rheostat and fuses were a real surprise. They usually fetch a good price on eBay FR.

attachment.php
DSCN3068B.JPG

As I said in the beginning, there are some truly nice people out there.​

Yes Karma. Good on you for asking. If you dont ask you never know.

Absolutely fabulous. I have made a lot of friends like that and got my hands on a lot of unobtainium stuff. Proves that people are much better than we tend to think most of the time.