SOLD 1962 ID19

pottsy

Citroen Loony & BMC Nutter.
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Sold the next day! Phil thanks you for your interest. Going to a good home for a well earned restoration.

A gentleman in the suburb wherein I live has his car for sale and I've volunteered to present it to the Aussiefrog Community on his behalf.

He's owned this ID19 since 1974. It's been a faithful transport over many thousands of miles, not the least being a couple of jaunts across the Nullarbor and back. -

Built in Heidelberg it's original aluminium roof succumbed to the dreaded corrosion and was replaced with a plastic one from a later car. The original motor was also replaced with a DS block.

This is obviously a "transition" car in that it has the pendant brake pedal operating a valve rather than a master cylinder. From "Citroen DS in Australia" this seems to put it at mid to late 1962. Original colour appears to be 4323 Boulogne Green. The Series Number appears to be 6310 but the body number is difficult to read from the photo. Interior is largely original but worn. Most original features are still there such as the "single nut" wheels and the strip speedometer. Some changes have happened over time such as the fitment of an alternator and newer style air cleaner. I believe there are some of the original parts to go with the car. The last registration was in NSW and expired in 1992.

Now Phil and his wife are moving to Tasmania and for obvious reasons, the car needs to find a new home.

In my opinion it's and excellent prospect for a restoration. What rust it used to have was addressed and repaired by the owner as and when he found it over the years. Most of the major mechanical work was performed by Citroen Gurus around the country, particularly in Sydney where it spent a large number of years.

Good, potentially workable, first nose cars are thin on the ground so this one could be a good start for womone who's prepared to put the hard work in. To get the car out of the carport and up the sloping drive will require a tilt tray and possibly go-jacks, but that's for a potential purchaser to work out.

This information, and the photos I took of the car, is all I can tell you about the car. If you're interested, Phil is happy to be contacted on his mobile number 0422 961 143. The car is in Eltham, Melbourne. I've suggested that it's worth between $3000 and $5000 to the right buyer, but I could be completely wrong and it's up to a potential buyer to negotiate with Phil. (My knowledge of early cars is not large I admit)

Cheers, and Bonne Chance, Pottsy.

Cheers, Pottsy

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Engine bay.jpg
    Engine bay.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 171