So seriously who is a good service place in Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.
...including private details like home address VIN etc then after information given - never to be heard from - ever again. This still remains a mystery to me.
Maybe he looked up your previous posts on aussiefrogs and ran away screaming... ;)

Reactions: IWS
Paul Vassallo (AP Automotive) gets my vote. Carlton isn't too far. Not sure why you're insisting on software updates ? What's wrong in particular that you feel you need a software update ? Have you tried rebooting ?

Address: 87 Planthurst Rd, Carlton NSW 2218

Phone: (02) 9546 4006

Cheers

Justin
that really sounds very palatable in terms of distance and the good reviews does give one confidence

I gave the local dealer a chance and was not satisfied at all. A real hodgepodge operation. Top dollar rates (and received two different quotes.. yet of course charged the highest one at pick up time), invoices lack detail (did not specify oil type or provide brake or tyre wear report) and extremely poor customer service. No more for me either. I'll be going to PQ Automotive in future, they seem to have a good rep. Local MyCar seems alright too but I feel more comfortable going to someone with experience working on Peugeot's.
precisely----after spending top dollar they still treat you like social welfare

I would not recommend Paul Vassalo unless you want him to fix things that dont need fixing.... Or for him to do the things you ask without actually doing them properly. You have been warned.

Ill throw my toys out the pram to save you from doing it.

Who fixes sagged door pins by bending the door with a floor jack that then bends the door frame causing the window to struggle to close and bend a perfectly good door? Paul does

Who leaves bolts missing from your torsion bars and rear beam for it to fall apart while driving and miraculously you dont die or crash your pride and joy in the process? Paul does

Who rips off the drain plug from a radiator to drain it for a water pump install and decides to JB weld it back up as opposed to fixing it and for it to then fail/fall off and almost over heat the car just before the rear beam fails and falls apart on the same road and then deny it? (“I dont drain radiators from the drain spot, I just pull the water pump out and drain it from there”)

Dont get me started! The guy knows the cars but seems desperate to fuck up the jobs so you become a repeat customer! As you can imagine I was a touch shocked and disappointed.

Colliers.

That's not the fussy Paul I once knew. I haven't seen the place for a while; is he still working alone?

Still alone. I was really surprised after all the praise I had heard over the years.

omg thanks for that nearly just a hairline away from steering that direction - might just have to go back to tried and tested one - the one I had been going - it's just the price that seemed a little on the not so distant from dealers with high overheads premium side plus inconvenient commute.
so, were those positive gi-goo-lei reviews made up.

I am thinking you ought to try Colliers. Get a quote or approximation first. You can easily return by train. Just don't let out your history.

Who uses PQ Automotive here? I would like to hear of experiences and average pricing there. I do like the sound of Continental (dealer) servicing too. I was not at all happy how I was treated by Inchcape owned dealer.

Who uses PQ Automotive here? I would like to hear of experiences and average pricing there. I do like the sound of Continental (dealer) servicing too. I was not at all happy how I was treated by Inchcape owned dealer.

I do - that's why I recommended him. I've used him a few times over the years. I've never had an issue.

Use Inchcape at your own risk. You have been warned.

Cheers

Justin

I did notice you recommended AP Automotive, but I am referring to PQ Automotive (Chatswood).

Lol - my bad. Been up since 0500.

Cheers

Justin

I use PQ automotive. Won't go anywhere else now.

Surprised about the bad Paul Vassallo experience. I used him many years ago and never had issues. But he was always borderline grumpy, maybe after this many years he's just over it?

chatswood is quite a long distance - though I used to live there and even worked at Lane Cove - not anymore for yonks - as in lived in Chastwood

Last edited:
chatswood is quoite a long distance - though I used to live there and even worked at Lane Cove - not anymore for yonks - as in lived in Chastwood
I travel from the middle of Sydney to it's outskirts for my car's servicing.
It is usually done by lunch time, or else I get the loan car and come back the next day.

Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.