So I tried to fix my cabin fan...

Armidillo

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Cabin fan in my 605 (same as Xm, and very similar to Xantia, 406 etc.) will only run on Max since water ran through it (from scuttle).

So I ordered a new controller on line for $20 (free postage!), but with it fitted, the fan only runs at the slowest speed. It does this regardless of fan speed setting - even when off! Contacted the seller, who asked for video evidence of the problem, which I provided, and they sent me a replacement.

The replacement does the same thing!!! Am I missing something obvious? Here are the new parts - lovely and shiny, and apparently identical to the old one.

DSC03518.JPG

I can see 3 possibilities:

1. It's me (or the fan) - but I've refitted the old controller, and it's back to only running flat out on the highest fan setting

2. Although looking identical to the old unit and fitting the fan perfectly, this part is actually for a Xantia or something that is wired differently - even though the ad states that the unit suits Xantia, Xm, 405, 406 etc.

3. The units are fakes - made to look like the real thing, but hard wired so the fan always runs (but since it runs slowly there must be a resistor in the circuit).

Any thoughts before I demand my money back? Also, can someone recommend a reliable supplier for such things?

Cheers

Alec

I have no experience with your car but I have fixed non working fans and a.c. in two japanese and a german car. In each case it was a resistor that controlled fan speed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk