Slight hissing sound, driven & parked. Also loud click when taking foot off brake?

Ezzie

Tadpole
Slight hissing sound, driven & parked. Also loud click when taking foot off brake?

My 308 CC S has a slight hissing sound...seems to be coming from front left. It's there when parked and I have my foot on the brake, but stops when I remove foot from brake.
Also, when I press brake pedal on an off, there's a clunking sound...quite loud...could it be a hose of some kind, or the servo???
I bought it used only a few weeks ago, 2009 model, just 40,000kms on clock and beautifully maintained.

Last edited:
Lift bonnet and check with someone else pushing pedal

I took it to my mechanic, he said it was failed servo, the brake booster. Returned it to dealer under warranty, they were quite happy to replace it but when I went and picked it up they said they had found no fault. Pedal not hard and said they'd compared it to another 308 which did the same thing. I'm not convinced. It hisses when either driving or parked. Pressing on brake pedal stops the hissing.

I'm not convinced either.

To locate hissing, get a tube, small diameter, suitably long
Hold one end to your ear.

Now move other end of tube around engine bay components until you find exactly where the hiss is coming from

Old days used this to tune carbies so they were sucking equally :)