simca v8 motor

werami

Fellow Frogger
Hi i just noticed in my local mag a v8 vedette motor for sale, anyone interested and i will pass on the number
Cheers Thierry

Simca v8 engine

Ford based similar to the V8-60 but not the same, few if any parts are interchangable.

Ford based similar to the V8-60 but not the same, few if any parts are interchangable.

We had a Vedette in many years ago with a blown headgasket and we bought all the parts off YesterFord over the counter, no waiting. They said the only difference was the Vedette had alloy heads.

These engines are based at Rochester vic, he wants $3550 for 2 engines complete. Also has other vedette bits for that price
Cheers Thierry

We had a Vedette in many years ago with a blown headgasket and we bought all the parts off YesterFord over the counter, no waiting. They said the only difference was the Vedette had alloy heads.

Dave,
I'm thinking, if that was the case I would suggest that the Vedette had been fitted with an early side valve American Ford V8.
Yes, the Vedette had alloy heads but so did the pre-war Ford V8 /60 hp engine. The V8 engines in the English Ford Pilot and Thames trucks of the '50's.
There were considerable differences between the engines. The Vedette had adjustable valves. The distributor drive was vertical. The Ford V860 had the "crab" type distributor. The lower half of the block was alloy. The carb could have been a Zenith or Solex.

Panhard will probably jump in at this point currently owning both Vedette Beaulieu and Vedette Versailles.

Dave,
I'm thinking, if that was the case I would suggest that the Vedette had been fitted with an early side valve American Ford V8.
Yes, the Vedette had alloy heads but so did the pre-war Ford V8 /60 hp engine. The V8 engines in the English Ford Pilot and Thames trucks of the '50's.
There were considerable differences between the engines. The Vedette had adjustable valves. The distributor drive was vertical. The Ford V860 had the "crab" type distributor. The lower half of the block was alloy. The carb could have been a Zenith or Solex.

Panhard will probably jump in at this point currently owning both Vedette Beaulieu and Vedette Versailles.

Could have been. Your probably right. It was many many years ago (maybe 20) and all I remember is ringing antique parts suppliers, eventually ending up at YesterFord and they had everything. I really don't remember anything else.

Retired Formula 1 engineer Malcolm Oastler has built and recently registered a streched 70's BMW motor bike powered by a Simca Vedette engine to go with his other creations, replica Auto Union F1 car with V12 Jag engine, and various other Hayabusa powered projectiles.

Cheers
Graham Lewis

Vedette v8 motor

These shots might give a little insight into the differences between the Vedette and the Ford motor.

Attachments

• vmotor02.jpg
    vmotor02.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,760
  • vmotor03.jpg
    vmotor03.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 7,699
  • vmotor04.jpg
    vmotor04.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 7,994
  • vmotor05.jpg
    vmotor05.jpg