Simca 1100 solid brake pedal

pistol840

Tadpole
Just bought a 1973 Simca 1100 GLS that's been standing for the last three years. Unfortunately, the brake pedal is solid so i was wandering if anyone had any ideas? Thinking either seized caliper pistons or master cylinder but im open to suggestions! Also does anyone know of any good Simca spares oulets that can deliver within the Uk? :confused:

Frozen Brake Pedal

pistol840 said:
Just bought a 1973 Simca 1100 GLS that's been standing for the last three years. Unfortunately, the brake pedal is solid so i was wandering if anyone had any ideas? Thinking either seized caliper pistons or master cylinder but im open to suggestions! Also does anyone know of any good Simca spares oulets that can deliver within the Uk? :confused:

Hi pis,

I think the master cylinder is just rusted / frozen. The only thing I think you can really do is hit the brake pedal hard with your foot a couple of times to "brake" (pun intended) it loose. Either that or take the master off and spray a good rust dissolver in the various openings and hope for the best. You're probably also going to have to check out all the calipers and/or wheel cylinders.

Hey I used to own a Simca 1100 - I think that's the same car that was sold here in the USA as a Simca 1204 (it was sold through Chrysler dealerships). Great little car and I wish I still had it. If you have the time, maybe you can send me some digital photos?

Sincerely,

Carl