Silly question on BX16v front spoiler

twm

Fellow Frogger
Hey Guys

I noticed that the lights in the spoiler are not originial, anyone no any aftermarket bits hat may fit?

Also the lights are in the inner cutouts, but the outer cutouts are smaller and blanked off, do you think I should open them to let air through to the brakes or somehwere??

They are a Cibie light that come in a twin pack.
Dear as poison; we bought a set a few years ago and I think they were $90 each from memory.
If you knock the blanks out of the others, you'll find a tow hook hiding inside one of them. :eek:

Alan S

Alan S said:
Dear as poison; we bought a set a few years ago and I think they were $90 each from memory.
If you knock the blanks out of the others, you'll find a tow hook hiding inside one of them. :eek:

Alan S

Thanks Alan

Ive tried your driving tips, just love it I want another 16v to play with :D

BTW
Bars Leak still holding, I added some nuloan anti stuff as well

Alan S said:

Alan S

Alan you can see in the photo the blanked off bits on the outer side, still thinkl they should go somewhere

Otherwise I will put some little spots in there so I can retliate against those drips who drive with there front lower lights (white) fog lamps that are standard in new cars these days, suppose it goes with 4" exhaust pipes. :mad: :nownow:

:wink2:

The second photo shows a spring mod for the little ball on the headlamp that dont hold no more... :approve:

Attachments

• c1.gif
    c1.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 220
  • hl1.gif
    hl1.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 220
I think it's the passengers side that has the hook behind it; I would guess that in Europe with the LHD, the tow hook would still be on the passengers side which is why they have one each side and are done that way mainly for decoration. :confused:

The mod for the headlight is going a difficult way to solve a simple problem; go buy a small jubillee clip and fit it over the plastic part of the deadlamp holder. When you want to remove the headlight, just slacken the screw on the clip.
Much simpler, easy to get at and solid. It will never let go.

Alan S :cheers:

Alan S said:
I think it's the passengers side that has the hook behind it; I would guess that in Europe with the LHD, the tow hook would still be on the passengers side which is why they have one each side and are done that way mainly for decoration. :confused:

The mod for the headlight is going a difficult way to solve a simple problem; go buy a small jubillee clip and fit it over the plastic part of the deadlamp holder. When you want to remove the headlight, just slacken the screw on the clip.
Much simpler, easy to get at and solid. It will never let go.

Alan S :cheers:

Alan

Exuse my ignorance but what is a jubilee clip :confused:

twm said:
Alan

Exuse my ignorance but what is a jubilee clip :confused:

One of those hose clips that have the bit for the screw to wind them up with cut into the actual metal strap of the clamp itself. I suppose if it's small enough, any hose clip will do from your local servo.

Alan S

Alan S said:
One of those hose clips that have the bit for the screw to wind them up with cut into the actual metal strap of the clamp itself. I suppose if it's small enough, any hose clip will do from your local servo.

Alan S

Actually I think I have seen those springy hose clamps that you squeeze the tag with pliers to open them and release to clamp in this type of application as well. They would work well rather than a screw clamp :)

TWM

The reason I've used jubillee clips is because I have some control over the amount of pressure I can exert whereas with the spring types, some are a bit strong and others a bit too light on pressure and don't forget we're talking BX...fantastic plastic, so not a real lot of room for excesses one way or the other.

Alan S

Alan S said:
The reason I've used jubillee clips is because I have some control over the amount of pressure I can exert whereas with the spring types, some are a bit strong and others a bit too light on pressure and don't forget we're talking BX...fantastic plastic, so not a real lot of room for excesses one way or the other.

Alan S

Alan

Good points as usual, I bow to your wisdom :blackeye:

Terry