Shudder in reverse

rodds23

Tadpole
:) I have a DS23 Pallas EFI Auto which has a problem when I select reverse and depending on the grade or slope of the road the transmission 'shudders' when it tries to move off. :( On a level surface it is ok. Would it simply be band adjustment or something sinister :eek:

Would appreciate any information please.

:cheers:
Rodds23

The exhaust vibrates under my car ... especially just off idle (talk about bloody annoying) ... You may find your exhaust is vibrating somewhere too.... The problem is finding the bloody thing ....

seeya,
Shane L.

rodds23 said:
:) I have a DS23 Pallas EFI Auto which has a problem when I select reverse and depending on the grade or slope of the road the transmission 'shudders' when it tries to move off. :( On a level surface it is ok. Would it simply be band adjustment or something sinister :eek:

Would appreciate any information please.

:cheers:
Rodds23

Hi Rod,

Sounds like your kickdown cable (yes - it's weird, but that's often what it is) needs adjusting - take the adjustment up a couple of turns and see if that improves it - I don't know the exact mechanics of it - something to do with the kickdown controlling when the drive is taken up in reverse.

Do you have the manuals? I can send you them, or if you have broadband you can download them from http://www.agua.nu/ds-files/. I also have some Auto stuff that I don't think is on the site.

Paul